Friday, July 19, 2024

Santa & Reindeer Silhouette Card


Hello! Welcome back to my blog. This is my second card for the Kat Scrappiness Christmas in July celebration. As part of this celebration, Kat Scrappiness is having a sale on their Christmas products. They also have a You Pick 3 Christmas Challenge on the KS blog. I have links to both at the bottom of this post. 

I created a DIY stencil using a re-purpose plastic from a worn out expandable file. I die cut a circle on the center of the plastic. Depending on the cutting die, sometimes the cut does not go through even with the use of a metal shim. It's alright. Just use a craft knife to reinforce the cut created by the metal die. 

To create the moon, I temporarily adhered the stencil with the circle opening over a smooth white cardstock cut at 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". I blended gray inks over the circle opening. Once done, I splattered some gray mica water over the blended circle. I set this aside to dry. Once dry, I removed the stencil.

I sprayed a temporary adhesive on one side of the DIY circle stencil. I covered the ink blended moon with this circle stencil. I blended blue inks around the circle stencil. I started the blending from the circle going outward, using the lightest blue ink first then slowly progressing towards the darkest ink. I splattered white mica water over the panel and set this to dry.

My die cuts were created using dies from the KS The Night Before Christmas Window Scene Craft dies. I die cut the Santa and the reindeers on black cardstock. I die cut it three times and adhered one on top of the other for a bit of dimension.

I die cut an extra piece of the Santa and reindeer on black cardstock. I did some die cut surgery to customize this die cut. I snipped off Santa and adhered the remaining reindeers die cut to the back of the layered Santa and reindeer die cut. I offset it so it looks like there are two rows of reindeers pulling Santa's sleigh.


I just need the top of the trees so I partially die cut the Christmas tree on the die set on black cardstock. I die cut three pieces of trees. I adhered the trees to the bottom right of the inked panel. I trimmed off any excess.

I adhered Santa and the reindeers on the moon. I splattered white ink over the trees for a snowy look.


I trimmed this panel into 4" x 5 1/4" then matted it with a dark glitter gold patterned paper from the KS Autumn Faux Glitter 6x6 paper pad. The glitter paper is cut at 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".

For my pick 3, I used the following on my project:
  1. Die cuts
  2. Add snow
  3. Add gold touches.
I hope you like today's project. You still have time to enjoy the Kat Scrappiness sale and also join this month's blog challenge. 

Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

I added below links to the Kat Scrappiness products I used on this card. There will be no additional cost to you should you decide to purchase any of these products. While you are at the Kat Scrappiness website, do check out their wide array of products. They have a new release, too! Enjoy!








I am sharing this project at

2 comments:

  1. That's gorgeous, your shading is amazing! Thanks for playing along with us at Send a Smile 4 Kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello again! Your silhouetted image against that beautiful moon is stunning. Just beautiful! Thank you for linking up a second card with us at Send a Smile 4 Kids. We always love seeing your card creations.

    ReplyDelete