Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Stitching on Stamped Images


Hello! Welcome back to my blog. I am on the Blank Page Muse blog today with this card. I used a leaf stamp from the Blank Page Muse Scribble & Scratch Mixed Media Set 2 rubber stamps on this project. I repeatedly stamped the leaf using the Gina K Designs Wreath Builder template to create a flower. Just stretching out this craft supply. If you don't have this stencil or a tool that helps build a wreath, just lightly trace a line on the cardstock panel. Use these lines as a guide in stamping your image.

I also made a DIY stencil to add color to the stamped leaves. I stamped the leaf on a Post-It Note. I cut the leaf off to create a paper with a window. I lined the opening of the DIY stencil with the stamped leaf on the cardstock panel. I blended the ink over it. 


I poked holes on the outline of the stamped image. I added chain stitch to these holes using 6 strands of embroidery floss. I layered several sequins for the flower center.


I rotated the square to make this into a diamond orientation. To complete the tiled look, I cut triangles for the corners using the same cardstock I used for the focal point. I poked holes on these triangles. I  did a simple up and down stitching on these triangles using light blue and silver embroidery flosses. I used lesser strands, 4 for the light blue one and 2 for the silver one for a subtle look. I don't want the focus taken away from the flower.

I adhered the stitched elements of my project to a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" navy cardstock. I trimmed off the excess.

I die cut a sentiment strip on the same navy cardstock I used for the card panel. The die I used is from Altenew. I adhered this strip to a glittered white cardstock. I trimmed off the excess. I adhered this to the bottom of the front panel. 


I hope you like today's project. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

Blank Page Muse is generously offering a 15% discount to their online store to YOU, my blog readers. Just use the code BPMMaria when you check out. Enjoy!

I am sharing this project at


No comments:

Post a Comment