Thursday, February 1, 2024

All Die Cut Card

 

Hello! Welcome back to my blog. We have a new challenge at Incy Wincy Designs. The theme for this month's challenge is/are Valentine/Love and/or No Pictures. I created an all die cut card.

I die cut the x and o's using dies from Sugar Pea Designs. It looks like a lot of work but the plus side of it is that I was able to use my scrap paper. 


The red cardstock back panel was cut at 5 1/2" x 4 1/4". I added detail to this panel using The Greetery Aida Cloth Texture plate. It is hard to appreciate this in the photos but in real life, the added texture adds some wow to the card.

I laid the die cut letters on the red cardstock panel. To keep the placement of the die cut letters intact, I used a Glad Press 'N Seal to pick up the letters from the panel. Most of it will stick to the Press 'N Seal. For the letters that fell off or did not stick, I just repositioned it to the space that I assigned it. I used a T-ruler to make sure the letters are adhered on a straight line. After I filled up the whole panel with the die cut letters, I set this aside to dry. I trimmed off any excess hanging over the red cardstock panel. 

For the main die cut sentiment, I stamped the heart from the Pretty Pink Posh Sparkle Dot Patterns 1 stamp set on a white cardstock. I poked holes on the dots created by the heart stamp. I added a chain stitch to the holes using a variegated DMC embroidery floss. I drew a line around the heart and cut the heart out using this line as a guide.


I die cut the letters using the Pretty Pink Posh Hugs coordinating die. I die cut this on white cardstock and on white glitter cardstock. I adhered the glitter letter die cut on the white letter die cut for some dimension. I adhered these letters and the stitched heart to the panel.

I adhered a ribbon die cut on the same white glitter cardstock, and a Pretty Pink Posh Cherry red pearl to the center of the stitched heart. 

I hope you like today's card, and I hope you join this month's challenge. Happy Valentine's everyone!

Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation at


3 comments:

  1. I love your stitched heart and sparkly letters! The entire card looks great! Thanks for playing along at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria I just love how you added stitching to your card, it gives it a warm and fuzzy feel. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Valentine Maria! Love the sparkly background and stitched heart! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge! - Sheri

    ReplyDelete