Thursday, February 8, 2024

Let's Flamingo! Shaker Card


Hello! Welcome back to my blog. I am up on the Blank Page Muse blog featuring the Flamingo Row Red Rubber Art stamps.

This stamp set comes on a 5" x 7" solid sheet. I cut off images that I used on this card from the stamp sheet. The red rubber stamp is unmounted. There are several techniques to stamp this unmounted red rubber stamp. The mounting techniques I used for this card are:
  • Using an acrylic block by spraying temporary adhesive to the back of the red rubber stamp. I used this technique in stamping the rows of flamingos. Not my preferred choice since the temporary spray adhesive left some residue to my acrylic block which I was not able to fully remove even with the use of adhesive removers.
  • Using a sticky mat and a Misti stamping tool. The sticky mat holds the red rubber stamp. I temporarily adhered the paper to the door of the Misti with a tape adhesive. This is my preferred technique since the temporary adhesive is easier to remove from the Misti. Best of all, there is an opportunity to re-stamp the image if needed.
I stamped the flamingos with a khaki colored dye ink. Coloring the row of flamingos can be overwhelming. To make the coloring easy and quick, I stamped the row of flamingos on a scrap cardstock. I fussy cut off some of the bodies of the flamingos to create a paper mask. I lined the opening to the flamingos, and blended the ink to this open space. 

I used color pencils for the beaks and legs. These are very small areas so coloring it wasn't not tedious at all. I used a black marker to add details to the eyes and the beaks.

For the larger flamingo, I did the same ink blending technique for some consistency in the coloring. I fussy cut the flamingo leaving a small border around it. 

I trimmed the flamingo panel to 5 1/4" x 4". I die cut a heart window on this panel. I also die cut a gold heart frame for the heart window. I positioned the flamingo on this heart window, adding adhesive to the areas that touch the panel. I adhered an acetate to the back of the panel. I added foam tape to the back of the panel. 

For the back panel, I trimmed a patterned paper at 5 1/2" x 4 1/4". I used a gel pen to add details to the wave print on the patterned paper. I poured several sequins to the area that will show through the heart window on the other panel.

I powdered the side of the foam adhesive lining the heart window. After I removed all the foam tape release paper, I adhered this window panel to the patterned paper. 

The sentiment I used is from the same stamp set. I heat embossed this using a blue embossing powder. I die cut the sentiments into strips using a die. I adhered this to the panel. Sine the sentiment strip is partly adhered to the acetate, I added a shorter piece of the sentiment strip to the back to make the sentiment strip leveled with the front panel. 

I hope you like today's project. Thank you for visiting my blog. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

Blank Page Muse is generously offering a 15% discount to their online store to YOU, my blog readers. Just use the code BPMMaria when you check out. Enjoy!

I am sharing this creation at

No comments:

Post a Comment