Friday, February 9, 2024

Spotlight Stitching

 

Hello! Welcome back to my blog. I am in constant search for cross stitching patterns that I can use on paper with my stitching dies. One of my resources is the DMC website. Most of their patterns are large scaled ones like the one I used on my card (Heart). To be able to stitch it on my card panel, I marked the center of the cross stitching pattern. I counted the squares from the center going left, going right, going up and going down to cover the number of squares my stitching die created. The stitching die I am using is from The Greetery Aida Cloth texture plate.

I used the recommended embroidery floss for the project, the DMC Mouline, which is absolutely gorgeous because of the glittery addition to the project. Too bad, the photos are unable to capture the sparkle of the embroidery floss. 



I created a frame for the stitched panel to cover the edges that have no stitching on it. The next time I use this texture plate, I plan to cut the card base larger than 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" so I can maximize the stitching on this panel. 

I added a simple sentiment so that the focus will remain on the stitching. 

I added gems to the panel for a bit of embellishment.


I hope you like today's project. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation at






2 comments:

  1. Maria... can I say WOW! What an amazing amount of work... but so truly beautiful. I hope the recipient appreciates your talents. Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cross-stitch card is amazing, Maria. I used to do cross-stitch but never on paper. This should be a card someone treasures. Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete