Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Easy Watercoloring

Hello! Welcome back to my blog. Today's card features an easy and simple watercoloring technique. It is so simple that you can use any watercolor medium you have in your stash.

I used the Blank Page Muse Mr. G & Words stamp set on my card. I stamped the image on watercolor paper using Versafine Onyx Black ink which is a watercolor friendly ink. I used the Misti Stamping Tool to restramp the image several times. Some brands of watercolor paper are textured that's why re-stamping the image is a must. I used the Ranger Watercolor Paper which has a smooth side and a textured side. I end up using the smooth side since I couldn't get a crisp stamped impression on the textured side no matter how many times I've restamped the image.

Make sure the ink has dried before watercoloring. I sped dry mine with a heat tool.

I colored my image with vibrant and bold colors. The watercolor I used is Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolor. But as I've mentioned earlier, any watercolor brand or medium will work for this image. 

I painted the background of the giraffe with a wash of watercolor. To create this effect, using a flat brush, apply clean water to the area which will be the background. Apply the color to a palette and mute the color down with water. Apply this pigment to the wet background. Tilting the panel also helps with letting the pigment run down by itself. If you want to add more pigment, just make sure to dry the area first before applying more color. Or if you placed too much pigment, add clean water to the area, then press a dry paper towel to this area to transfer the color to the paper towel.

I used the old school Stamp-a-ma-jig tool to stamp my sentiment. I want my sentiment to fit on the white space. The Stamp-a-ma-jig helped me with the partial stamping of the sentiments to achieve this look. I also stamped the sentiment using the same ink so I can apply watercolor to the words for a color block look. 

At first, I thought I got a sentiment stamp with a factory defect because one of the words is misspelled. (Do you recognize it?) Only to find out that this is how it is spelled in British English. Nice to know, right?

This could have passed for a CAS card but I wanted to add a touch of color on the sides so I matted the panel with a light blue cardstock. 

I hope you like today's project. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

Blank Page Muse is generously offering a 15% discount to their online store to YOU, my blog readers. Just use the code BPMMaria when you check out. Enjoy!

I am sharing this creation at





2 comments:

  1. How fun is this! Love the giraffe :) Thanks for joining in at AAA Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I so adore this giraffe image! And your vibrant colours are just the best. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete