Monday, January 8, 2024

Creative Ways of Using a Stencil, DIY Stencil and a Bonus Card

Hello! Welcome back to my blog. Today's card show ways on how you can extend the use of your stencil. Let's stretch that supply!

Foiling with stencil. On a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" 80-lb. white cardstock, I secured the stencil over this panel with the use of tape. I applied Deco Foil Transfer Gel on the stencil, making sure I applied an even coat over the open areas. I set this aside overnight to dry. Once dry, I covered the area with a teal Deco Foil Transfer Sheet. I ran this through the Minc Machine. 

Heat embossing with stencil. I pre-treated the panel with an anti-static powder tool. I repositioned the stencil over the foiled panel. The stencil shapes may overlap the foiled shape but not directly on top of each other. I pounced Versamark ink on the open areas of the stencil. I poured gold embossing powder over the panel, heat set it until the powder has melted. Make sure you move the heat gun constantly since the heat can damage the already foiled images.

Coloring with stencil. I repositioned the stencil over the panel. You can also flip the stencil. I traced the open areas of the stencil with a metallic pen. I colored these shapes with metallic and glitter markers. 

Doodling with stencil. I repositioned the stencil over the panel. I traced the open areas of the stencil with a metallic pen. This time, instead of coloring the shapes, I doodled diagonal lines inside the shapes. Feel free to doodle something else like curved lines, dots, etc. 


Embossed Impressions with Stencil. I did this technique on vellum, adding a rubber mat shim to my platform sandwich. I also added a thin cardboard for additional pressure. 



DIY Stencil. I have learned this technique from crafting guru, Jennifer McGuire. It is such a fun way to add soft colors to an image. The downside of this technique is the fussy cutting but if you used a high quality cardstock, you can use this DIY stencil again. I kept mine inside the sleeve together with the stamp set. If you are not into this, you can always color in the image with whatever medium you want. 

I created my stenciled panel on a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" cardstock but only used a portion of it for my card. After all that work put into this panel, I did not want to throw the left over or set it aside for future use. So I created a bonus card using the same craft items.


I trimmed the stenciled panel into smaller pieces to create a tiled frame. For the center of the panel, I stamped the butterflies using sticky ink. I pounced pearl powder to these impressions. 


I heat embossed the sentiment on pearl vellum using gold embossing powder. To tie in with the tiled theme, I trimmed the sentiments into sections. 

I listed below the Blank Page Muse Products I used on this card and added the links of these products to the online store.
I hope you give these techniques a try. And if you have a stencil technique not mentioned above, please feel free to share it in the comments so I can also try it out. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day! 

Maria Giselle B.

Blank Page Muse is generously offering a 15% discount to their online store to YOU, my blog readers. Just use the code BPMMaria when you check out. Enjoy!

I am sharing this creation at







1 comment:

  1. Great card - I love all the techniques you have used to make this. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Pattie's Creations - Vic, D.T. x

    ReplyDelete