Tuesday, January 23, 2024

A CAS Flamingo Card


Hello! Welcome back to my blog. Today's card is a very simple, easy to recreate card. I am using products from Blank Page Muse:

I stamped the flamingos on watercolor paper using Versafine Onyx Black ink. I heat set the stamped image before coloring it with Altenew Woodless Watercolor pencils. I used a waterbrush to apply the pigment to the birds. I fussy cut the flamingos leaving a thin border around it. I added shimmer to the flamingos' feathers using Lawn Fawn Liquid Stardust.

I trimmed a heavy weight white cardstock at 4 1/4" x 11". I scored this on the long side at 5 1/2" to create a top folding A2 note card. 

I created a DIY heart stencil using a Lawn Fawn heart die and a re-purposed plastic from an accordion file. I die cut the heart on the plastic. I used a metal shim to add more pressure as I die cut the plastic. I reinforced the cut with a craft blade. Despite the use of the metal shim, there were parts that were not cut. 


I used the negative cut of the DIY stencil and positioned this over the notecard. I temporarily adhered this stencil to the notecard to prevent any shifting while I blend ink over the stencil. I used Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Speckled Egg and a large blender blush to apply ink on the note card. 

I added clouds to the inked heart by placing the mixed media stencil over the DIY heart stencil. I covered the open areas of the stencil that I will not be using on my card with tape to avoid blending ink over it. 

I heat embossed the sentiment on the bottom of the heart using Versafine Onyx Black ink and clear embossing powder. I temporarily adhered the flamingos to the cardfront to help me approximate where I will stamp this sentiment. 


I adhered the flamingos to the card front with liquid adhesive. I added a black dot on the flamingos' eyes using a black Sakura Glaze pen.

I rounded the corners of the card using a corner puncher.

I hope you like today's project. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

Blank Page Muse is generously offering a 15% discount to their online store to YOU, my blog readers. Just use the code BPMMaria when you check out. Enjoy! 

I also added below a link to the Altenew Woodless Watercolor pencils I used on this card. There will be no additional cost to you should you decide to purchase this item. It is just a way to help a fellow crafter sustain her love for crafting. Don't forget to check out their new release for this month and their sale. Thank you for your support. 



I am sharing this creation at

Recycle #15
Repurposing the plastic divider of a broken accordion folder


No comments:

Post a Comment