Thursday, June 1, 2023

Paper Doll & Birthday Folder


Hello! Welcome back to my blog. We have a new challenge at Incy Wincy Designs. I am this month's blog author, and I chose Birthday &/or Rainbow as theme/s for this month's challenge. I don't have anybody in mind who is celebrating a birthday this month but a birthday card is always handy to have.

We have two sponsors for this month's challenge, one of which is new to our challenge blog, Beat Paper. The paper doll image I am using is from them. How neat is that? This brings me back to my Kindergarten years. My excitement made me forgot this month's theme/s. Thankfully, the other sponsor's images are birthday themed. I created a folder to hold the paper doll images which is good for gifting or for safekeeping the paper doll.

I colored the images using Copic markers. The images were printed on an 8 1/5" x 11" 60 lb. white paper. Not the most ideal for the girl image so I doubled the girl with an 80 lb. white cardstock. I fussy cut the images. I lined the images with a black marker for a finished look.






Isn't she adorable? To make her stand, I extended the cut on the bottom part of the girl. I scored this to create a tab to fold backwards. Unfortunately, it was not enough to make her stand up. So, I added a thick acetate to her back to keep her upright. 



For the mini folder, I printed the image on watercolor paper. I foiled the image using the Minc Machine. I colored the image with Karin brush markers and Coliro mica watercolor. I fussy cut the image and the sentiment leaving a white border around it. 

I used a double sided patterned paper for the mini folder and the pockets. I die cut two of the patterned papers from the same patterned paper pack into diamonds. I used these die cuts to matte the image and the sentiment. 


Below is a short video on how fun it is to play with this paper doll. 


I hope you like today's project. I also hope you join this month's challenge. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.


I am sharing this creation at















 

1 comment:

  1. This is really cute!! I love your little dolls your coloring is wonderful
    Thank you for joining the DL.ART JUNE 2023 monthly linky challenge and/or the DL.ART Thankful Thursday #325 “Anything goes challenge”.
    Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    ReplyDelete