Sunday, May 8, 2022

Line Art Window Card

Hello! Welcome back. I am struggling to to get my creative juices back. I hope this is the card that will re-set my artistry. 

I created this card to join in three blog challenges. These blogs are shown at the end of this post. I enjoy challenging myself to create a card for more than one purpose. 

I die cut the flowers and leaves using the Altenew Craft-A-Flower Daisy Layering die set on white cardstock. I blended pink dye ink on the flower die cuts and green dye ink to the leaf die cuts. I only used one color of ink for each, just changing the ink blending pressure on each layer to achieve the color variation between the layers. I added details to the center of the flower by adding dots of glue to the edge and pouring a light gold embossing powder to it. I heat set this after then set it aside.

I die cut one of the dies from the Altenew String Art Rectangles die set on a yellow cardstock. I followed the sketch shown below for the design of my card. To create the windows, I used a rectangle die from the Waffle Flower A7 Layers die set. I chose a die that is slightly smaller than the piercings made by the string rectangle die. I also ran the string die on an acetate strip. I adhered this acetate strip to the open end of the rectangle by lining up the pierced marks with each other. I reinforced the holes by piercing it with a needle.  I threaded a glittered DMC through the holes. I don't have any rhyme or reason with the string art. To frame the windows, I did a back stitch. I used a gold metallic DMC floss for this. I trimmed an 8th of an inch off the sides so I can mat this with another cardstock.

For the sentiment, I stamped the sentiment on a white cardstock. The sentiment is from the Altenew Wild Hibiscus stamp set. I used the Misti Stamping Tool so I can re-stamp the sentiment a couple of times, with the last impression using a Versamark ink. I poured clear embossing after, and heat set it. I die cut this into a strip using a die from the Avery Elle Simple Sentiments die set. I die cut an extra strip and adhered this to the back of the sentiment strip for some dimension.

I adhered the flower and leaves with foam tape. For the back card panel, I cut a Lawn Fawn Speckled cardstock into 5 1/2" x 4 1/4". I added foam tape to the back of the window panel and on top of the foam tape showing through the back of the window. I also added a strip of foam tape to where the sentiment strip will be adhered. 

And this finishes off the card. I hope you like my card. Thank you for visiting my blog. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation at


1 comment: