Monday, November 8, 2021

Nordic Inspired Slimline Greeting Card (Product Feature Week)

Hello! Welcome back to my blog. This is my second post on my new blog series featuring the Trinity Stamps Big Snowflake Cut & Foil Die Set. For today's project, I got my inspiration from the Nordic prints, specifically the red and white ones. I am using both colors in this card.

The snowflake die cut is about 3" x 3" when cut, pretty much covering a slimline card's short side. It won't fit three snowflakes unless you cut off a part of the snowflake that will go beyond the length of the slimline card. I am not going for that look. To fit three snowflakes, I did a bit of die cut surgery by cutting off the ends of each snowflake to make it smaller. I layered these snowflakes to give it a bit of dimension.

For the background, I die cut a red cardstock using a rectangular die from the Trinity Stamps Frame and Fold Die Set. This set includes a die that cuts a slimline frame and a slimline panel.

I embossed the red slimline cardstock panel with a 3D embossing folder. I spritz this panel with some water before embossing it to avoid the cardstock from cracking while I ran it through the die cut machine. 

I flicked some silver mica watercolor paint on the embossed panel. 

I adhered the red panel on a top folding white landscape slimline card. 

I adhered the snowflakes to the red panel.

I created a sentiment strip. I stamped the sentiment on a red cardstock using Versamark ink. I poured white embossing powder to this and heat set it. I die cut extra red cardstock strips and adhered it to the back of the embossed sentiment strip for some dimension.

I added gems to the snowflakes.

I hope you are enjoying my Product Feature Series. I hope you come back again and see what I create next using the Trinity Stamps Big Snowflake Cut & Foil Die Set.

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

I added below the links to the Trinity Stamp products I used on this card. There will be no additional cost to you should you decide to purchase any of these products. While you are at the Trinity Stamps website, do check out the other amazing Trinity Stamps products including their newly released products.

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation at









4 comments:

  1. A really striking card but we are a stamping challenge at Stamping Sensations and you say you used dies.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love slimline cards and this one is fabulous! Love the gems on each snowflake as well! Just gorgeous!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely snowflakes, it's perfect time, we just got first snow this winter. Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create. DT Vesna

    ReplyDelete