Saturday, May 1, 2021

Polaroid Fox Greeting Card (New Craft Stash #16)


Hello! Welcome back to my New Craft Stash series. For this post, I am featuring the Lawn Fawn Fox Costumes Before N' Afters stamp set. This stamp set was released last year, in time for Halloween. There are some stamps in this set that can be used all year round. Honestly, I had a hard time coming up with a card idea for this stamp set. I thought about making an early Halloween card but changed my mind into creating a card that I can use for another occasion since I rarely mail a Halloween card.

The good thing about Lawn Fawn stamps, their stamp images work with its other stamp images really well. I am using several fox stamps which are from the following LF stamp sets:
  • Fox Costumes Before N' Afters - The two foxes wearing the costumes and the fox in between.
  • Mom + ME - The fox to the right of the fox in the bee costume.
  • Party Animal - The fox to the left of the fox in the donut costume.
I created a scene where these foxes have a photo shoot, and the photo will be sent to a friend. To plan the placement of the foxes, I traced the inner window of the polaroid frame to a scrap paper. I stamped the foxes on this scrap paper, inside the traced frame, so I will have an idea on the order of how I will stamp the foxes. After I stamped a fox, I stamped the same fox on a masking paper which I fussy cut. 

Now that I know the order, I again traced the inner polaroid frame on a Neenah Solar White cardstock. I began stamping, stamping the fox that is on the front, covering it with the fussy cut masking paper after. I repeated the process until all five foxes have been stamped. I used a Memento Tuxedo Black ink for stamping.

I colored the image with Copic marker. I added some shine to the two costumed foxes using glittered markers.


I die cut two polaroid frames on white cardstock. I customized a sentiment on the front using stamps from LF #awesome and LF Woodgrain Backdrops stamp sets. I stamped these with Versafine Onyx Black ink and set this aside to dry. I adhered the blank polaroid frame on top of the fox frame, making sure the foxes show through the inner frame. I trimmed off the excess paper from the stamped panel. Next, I adhered the stamped frame on top.

For the main sentiment, I die cut the LF Thinking About You border die on a peach 6x6 My Mind's Eye patterned paper. I die cut an extra so I can adhere this on top of the other sentiment die cut for some dimension. Don't lose the tittles!

I trimmed a striped light green patterned paper from the same paper pad to 5 1/2" x 4 1/4". I adhered the polaroid frame to this, then adhered the sentiment border. I stamped some paint splatters using Delicata Golden Glitz pigment ink. The stamp is from LF Love Letters.

I adhered this to a top folding wide A2 note card.

Thank you for viewing my blog. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation at








 

2 comments:

  1. I love this. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday, and please join us again soon. I can't wait to see more of your wonderful art.
    Blessings,
    karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete