Monday, May 24, 2021

Die Cut Surgery (Craft My Stash #16)

Hello! Welcome to another Craft My Stash post. For this card, I am using the following:

  • Simon Says Stamp Bramble Heart Wafer Die
  • SSS With Sympathy Wafer Die
  • SSS Stitched Rectangles Wafer Die
  • Lawn Fawn Stitched Borders
  • Glitz Paper Pack Sunshine In My Soul (Retired)
Do you see the flower branches inside the frame in my card? Will you believe if I tell you that those came from a heart wafer die as shown below?


Yes! It is the same flower branches. After I die cut the heart on cardstock, I trimmed off the flower branches from the heart die cut. I repeated this process three times. I adhered the flower branches on top of each other to create some dimension. As for the left over hearts, which now looks like a frame, I am keeping these die cuts for a future project.

I created a stitched rectangular frame using two rectangle wafer dies from the set. I die cut this on a gold patterned paper from the paper pack. I arranged the flower branches and adhered it to the back of the frame. I trimmed off the excess. 

For the sentiment, I die cut one of the patterned papers using the Sympathy die. I die cut it two more times, and adhered it on top each other. I colored the sentiment die cut with a black metallic marker.

I added a tulle on the back of the frame. I adhered a gold vellum to the back of the frame. 

I added flower sequins, gems and confetti to the flowers and buds.

For the card panel, I trimmed a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" typing paper to use a backer and guide as I create a multi-patterned paper panel. I adhered the patterned papers to this typing paper, slightly angled diagonally. I trimmed off the excess. I added some stitching detail to the seams using the Lawn Fawn Borders die. 


I adhered the frame to the center. 

Thank you for viewing my blog. Have a blessed day!

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation at







1 comment:

  1. Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us for Challenge 11 at Gem of a Challenge!

    ReplyDelete