Sunday, September 23, 2018

MKC Digitals Fall Window Card


Hello! I am a guest designing for MKC Digitals. Thank you, Mari Ko, MKC's owner, for giving me this opportunity to join this momentous occasion of her re-launching the company. I get to know Mari Ko when she sponsored one of our challenges at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge Blog. I fell in with love her images at that moment! I especially was thrilled to win on one of her blog challenges. But sometimes, life throws us a a curve ball. What's important is she is back again. I am very happy for her. Cheers to you, Mari Ko and to MKC Digitals!

I created this card not only with Mari Ko in mind but also, my Inang (mother), and to the many things we are and can be thankful for. My mother got sick a couple weeks ago. It was very nerve racking, with distance as my biggest barrier. But we stuck together as a family. She is home right now recovering, taking each day at a time. My biggest salute to my sister who never left our mother's side. I am thankful for my sister and my mother...among a lot of things I am blessed with.

Now, on to the card. I am using the Fall Floral Arrangement digital stamp. I printed the image on Arches Cold Pressed watercolor paper. I re-sized the image to fit a top folding A2 note card. I also cropped the center flower. I colored the images using Tim Holtz Distress Oxide in Spiced Marmalade, Fossilized Amber, Peeled Paint, Lucky Clover, Vintage Photo, and Walnut Stain. I mixed Perfect Pearl 'Perfect Pearl" with these oxide inks in the palette. I am trying to create pearl paints. I would love to have more colors of Finetec but for now, I'll settle with whatever supplies I have on hand.

I added foil to the image since I printed the images using a toner ink printer. I did this technique before on a previous project, Foiled Watercolored Kit and Clowder Card. It would be nice if all of  the image got foiled but because the watercolor paper is so textured, only specks of foil attached to the image. If I really want it watercolored and foiled, the next time I do a similar project, I should try using a thick, smooth cardstock.

I fussy cut the images. I cut the cropped flowers up to the image line while I left some border on the bouquet of daisies. I ran a black marker around the fussy cut daisy for a finished look.

I am using a 100 lb. Neenah Desert Storm cardstock for a card base. On the front, I cut it at 2 3/8" from the score line and cut this extra piece at the same size. I cut a brown cardstock at 4 1/4" x 2 3/8". I embossed this using a Darice Wood Grain embossing folder. I flicked some Finetec Arabic Gold pearl paint onto this and set it to dry.

For the window, I die cut a Clearprint heavy vellum at 4 1/4" x 1". I embossed this using Darice Checkered embossing folder. I die cut the sentiment which is from the Concord & 9th Grateful Leaf dies set. I embossed this sentiment using Ranger Copper embossing powder. I embossed the sentiment twice for a more raised look.


To assemble the card, I adhered the vellum in between the two Neenah cardstock panels, making sure that the bottom piece is aligned to the bottom of the note card. I adhered the embossed brown cardstock on top of the Neenah cardstock panels. I adhered the bouquet of flowers. I adhered the sentiment on the vellum window using a liquid adhesive. I adhered the flower cut out using a foam adhesive. I place an acrylic block on top of the sentiment as the liquid glue dries. I needed to reinforce the adhesive on some areas to make sure that the sentiment die cut won't fall off.

As last embellishment, I added clear mini round gems. I did not cut the overhang of the bouquet so this card will need an envelope slightly larger than an A2 envelope.

Another thing I am thankful for is you and your time to visit my blog. I appreciate you, and I hope you have a blessed, brilliant & creative day.

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation at



1 comment: