It is the last day of school for my 2 middle sons. Finally! I think they are the last ones to get off school. I wanted to create something special for my sons' teachers and at the same time participate in the Mod Squad Challenge Blog on Peek-a-Boo Cards. With the use of the Cricut Design Space, I searched for a freebie apple cut. I don't know about you but somehow when I think teacher, apples come next. Good timing because they have the Cricut Preserves free for this week. I cut the Divided Apple Image for this card. I cut it at 3.62" x 4.02". I am sorry for the odd measurements but I didn't want to distort the image.
I want to create a window card for the peek-a-boo card. The base apple cut comes with layers including a flower in the center. With the original cut, it makes tic marks on the apple base as kind of a guide where to adhere the layers. I wanted to cut the flower out to create the window and to do this, you have to hit attach after selecting the apple and the flower cuts. I cut 3 pieces of this using a dark brown cardstock. I also cut the layers.
For the window, I cut two pieces of acetate enough to cover the flower. I ran one through the Sizzix using a mini-dot embossing folder. I also embossed the red apple skin cardstock using a Li'l Inker Design Quilted Swirl Stitched Pattern die. I also inked the leaf to give it a little bit of variation from the green apple skin layer.
I wanted this to be the card itself so I scored the brown cardstock on the top, where the stem meets the apple. I adhered the leaf layer and also scored this based on that score line. I adhered the dotted acetate on top of this, then the red embossed layer, then the green layer making sure everything is aligned. I adhered the yellow circle cut on the middle of the acetate, both front and back to hide the adhesive. I embellished this circle with a clear Wink of Stella and Ranger Glossy Accents but I did this on the front circle only.
For the peek-a-boo part, I sandwich the other acetate with the remaining apple die cuts. I applied adhesive on top of the score line, where the leaf is, only. You might want to use a red sticky tape for this job to keep it stable.
I die cut one of the circles with the new Lawn Fawn Make Me Smile die. This is so stinking cute! I lined this with the front circles and adhered another circle on the back of the acetate not only to cover the adhesive but also to make the smiley face pop out since I used a darker cardstock.
For the tag, I die cut a blue cardstock using Paper Smooches Gift Tags 3 die. After preparing the area with an anti-static tool, I stamped the sentiment from Hampton Arts Clear Word Greetings stamp set. I embossed this using white powder. I tied this to the stem of the apple using a Lawn Fawn Lawn Trimmings Silver Sparkle Hemp.
Too bad, my son's teacher is sick during the last week of school so she never really get to seeing this card. My son didn't even think of leaving it at the school office. Oh, well. She will eventually get it. Just got to figure out how.
Thanks for viewing my blog.
Maria Giselle B.
I am submitting this creation to:
I embossed the acetate with a mini-dot embossing folder.
I have two patterns used for this card:
1) Twine/Image-Stamp/Tag...although I stamped the sentiment not an image so I hope it counts.
2) Emboss wet or dry/Image-Stamp/Die Cut