I wiped a used dryer sheet onto the vellum I will be stamping on. Using Versafine Onyx Black pigment ink, I stamped the MFT Roses All Over Background stamp to this. I poured black embossing powder to the stamped background. I rarely use black embossing powder but I wanted to create a vibrant black background. Making sure the heat gun is heated enough, I zapped the vellum, moving the heat gun so as not to scorch the vellum.
Now its time to color. I colored the reverse side of the embossed vellum. I usually use Copics to color this but the colors I am using are not bright enough to be seen at the right side of the image. So, I tried the watercolor markers. I used two brands of watercolor markers for this project since I am still building up my color collection. I just used the markers itself to blend and move the color. I did not attempt to use a water brush for fear of warping the vellum.
For the outline, I re-made a die cut window card using a rectangle die. (The first time I made a card using this technique, I used a circle die. Here is the link to that post, http://ienjoywhatido.blogspot.com/2014/11/one-paper-pack-self-challenge.html.) I die cut the sentiment three more times to create a stacked sentiment embellishment. Since the rectangle die is smaller than an A2 card, I trimmed the vellum panel to the same size as the rectangle die. This also served as a place where I applied liquid adhesive to attach the vellum.
I want to still create an A2 card. To fill in the gap at the sides of the rectangle, I cut strips of cardstock to go around the rectangle panel. I adhered the rectangle panel to the note card with foam adhesive making sure the foam tape is not too wide to show through the vellum panel. I applied Wink of Stella to the sentiment for shimmer.
Maria Giselle B.
I am submitting this creation to the following blogs: