Saturday, August 29, 2015

Window Shaker Card With We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool

I wanted to create a card using the Altenew Vintage Roses and participate in their blog's August challenge as well. This is the inspiration photo...

I was inspired by the color of the cake, the wood wall background and the scene behind the window. Based from these photo elements, I created my card.

I first worked on stamping the flowers and boy, that sure is hard work. I don't have the Altenew inks that will make stamp layering easy. I went through my ink stash to find the right combination of ink colors that will bring out the beauty of the rose. In fact, the inks I ended up using are not from the same company. I also had to double stamp the last layering stamp because the ink was too dark and does not complement the other ink colors. I stamped the roses a lot of times in white Neenah cardstock and chose which image is the best.

The leaves are another story. My green inks doesn't complement each other. I used one color of green and used it in all the layers. At first, the inked impression looked good but after the ink absorbed into the cardstock, it lost the details. I used a color pencil to add details to the leaves.

I don't have the coordinating die for this stamp set. It was not in stock when I purchased this stamp set from Ellen Hutson. I fuzzy cut the flowers and the leaves.

For the woodgrain background, I cut a pattered paper using Mama Elephant Peek A Frame Creative Cuts. I also used the window die to cut the center. I cut two acetates using the larger frame die. You don't have to do this since this will be behind the patterned paper. But since I have my die cutting machine and the dies out, I just decided to use it to cut the acetate. I also cut another patterned paper to serve as the background of the window.

To create the shaker window panel, I am going to use the We R Memory Keepers Fuse tool. Make sure it is heated enough before using it. I used the roller tip on this project. I also used the window panel die to guide the fuse tool. I poured confettis in each window panel before fusing two acetates together. I worked at one panel at a time. It was a glittery mess of a job but the result is pretty.

To assemble the card, I adhered the fused acetate to the back of the windowed patterned paper, making sure the panels are lined up through the window. I adhered the background patterned paper to the acetate. I adhered this to an A4 notecard. I adhered the flowers and leaves to the base of the window panel. The largest rose is adhered with foam tape. I used the Lawn Fawn Milo's ABC to create the sentiment. This was stamped on vellum and heat embossed using white powder. I cut this into a banner and fishtail the ends. For additional embellishment, I added green gems to the banner and scattered a few more on the leaves.

Thanks for viewing my blog. 

Maria Giselle B.

I am submitting this creation to:

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful concept! Thank you very much for joining us at the Altenew challenge!