Friday, September 11, 2015

Ink Layered Stamped Background Card

To achieve the varied colors of the flowers, I used two inks, one of which is SSS Doll Pink dye ink. It is also the primary ink that I used in this card for the flowers. I also did two techniques to get the variation. For the first technique, I inked the flower and stamped this onto scrap paper. Without re-inking, I stamped this to a white cardstock. Before lifting up the acrylic block, I positioned the stamp positioner so I can stamp the flower at the exact place. I have no luck in re-stamping clear stamps just by eyeballing, that's why I use this tool. To continue, I re-ink the flower but this time just rolling the stamp onto the same dye ink, just to ink the edges of the flower. With the aid of the stamp positioner, I stamp the flower exactly where I first stamped it.

For the second technique, I inked the flower, then stamp it onto the white cardstock. This will result in a darker tone. Then, using a different shade ink, a darker one preferably, I just roll the flower stamp to this and stamp it exactly where the first impression is. Of course, I did this with the help of the stamp positioner. I just continued doing this until I filled up the white panel with flowers.

I stamped the leaves using the same techniques, too. I created a flower mask because at first, I was planning to stamp the stem which I later decided on not doing. For the stamen, using the same layered ink stamping, I stamped this using white dye ink, then gold pigment ink. I wasn't really planning ahead when I was stamping this. Because after I stamped all the stamen, I decided I wanted to emboss it. If I have to this again, I should have stamped with pigment ink then applied embossing powder before moving on to the next stamen. I will also use the anti-static powder tool in between stamping. Well, some of the powder managed to emboss, which is still okay.

To fill up the spaces, I used the berries. I also added a white dot for added detail. I stamped the sentiment onto a white strip of cardstock, heat embossed this in gold. I added flower sequins to fill the space on the sides of the sentiment. To finish the card, I adhered a pink patterned paper to a notecard, adhered the flower panel onto this using foam for dimension, then adhering the sentiment strip to the bottom third of the card.

Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

Supplies used:
Stamps: Ellen Hutson Bold Blooms, Impression Obsession Solid Tree Set
Inks: Close To My Heart, Hero Arts White Dye Ink, Michaels, Simon Says Stamp Doll Pink

I am submitting this to the following challenges:

No comments:

Post a Comment