Thursday, August 8, 2024

Creating a Scene With BPM Stamps

 

Hello! Welcome to another BPM blog post. Today's project shows how you can use several Blank Page Muse stamps to create a scene. 



After I planned how my scene will look like, I stamped the images on a scrap piece of paper to give me an idea on the placement of the images, and the order of stamping. 


It also gave me an idea which images I need to create a mask for. Since this is a draft, the stamping of the images need not to be straight. 

If you noticed, the stamping on the draft is different from the final project. I made a boo-boo on a step but it's alright. It still turned out well, what do you think?


Any image that will be on the front needs a mask. The fox had a mask but the mask fell off before I was able to take a photo.

Since most of the stamps I used are rubber stamps, I used a stamp positioner to know where to stamp the images. This is the limitation of rubber stamps compared to clear stamps. You cannot really see where you are stamping.

I used Versafine Onyx Blank ink, a watercolor friendly ink, in stamping the images since I used this medium in coloring the images and the background. I heat set the panel before coloring to make sure that the ink is dry before watercoloring. I used mostly Tim Holtz Distress Ink Re-inkers. For the colors that I don't have, I used the Kuretake Gansai Tambi.


Once I was done coloring the images, I free painted the background. I started painting the sky since this used a very light color. It is easier to paint over a lighter color with a darker color than vice versa. It is harder to lighten up a dark color once you have painted it.


I hope you like today's project. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

Blank Page Muse is generously offering a 15% discount to their online store to YOU, my blog readers. Just use the code BPMMaria when you check out. Enjoy!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment