Friday, March 8, 2024

Stencil and Stitching


Hello! Welcome back to my blog. Today's project is another innovative way of using stencils. The stencil I am using is the Blank Page Muse Clouds & Drops 5x5" Mixed Media Stencil

I lightly traced the clouds on a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" white cardstock. I overlapped the clouds. I also traced the raindrops, flipping the stencil to create a variety of shapes of the raindrops. Not that this matter since the traced raindrops will be covered by the stitching. 


I added texture to this panel with a use of The Greetery Aida Cloth texture plate. 

I poked holes on the traced clouds and raindrops. I made sure that I poked a hole on the areas where the curves of the cloud meet to retain the shape of the clouds. I then poke the holes on the traced lines of the cloud. It does not have to be even all throughout since the curves of the clouds varies. 

I did a chevron stitching on the inside of the clouds. The holes created by the texture plate helped a lot in doing this stitch.

I did a chain stitch for the outline of the clouds.

I stitched the raindrops using a rainbow order of colors. The stitch I used is a single loop of the chain stitch in stitching these raindrops. Some of the floss are loose but this did not bother me. This added some texture to the project.


I decided to keep this simple and without a sentiment. I can always add a sentiment later on.

I hope you like today's project. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

Blank Page Muse is generously offering a 15% discount to their online store to YOU, my blog readers. Just use the code BPMMaria when you check out. Enjoy!

I am sharing this creation at





 

2 comments:

  1. Great card and love all the beautiful stitching.THank you for joining us at Scrapping4fun.
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the design is so clever and unique! Thanks for sharing your sweet card with us at The Paper Funday Challenge. We hope you'll share again soon.
    Donna xx
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete