Friday, March 22, 2024

A Quokka Easter


Hello! Welcome back to my blog. The quokka is featured on several of Kat Scrappiness' stamp sets. One of these stamp sets is the KS Easter Quokkas stamp set which I used on today's card.

I stamped the quokkas on white cardstock. I colored the images using Copic markers. The stamp set also has a bunny ear headband which I also stamped and colored. I die cut the images using the coordinating die. I die cut extras on scrap cardstock and adhered this to the back of the colored quokka die for some dimension.

 

I die cut the KS Nesting Fishtail Banner dies on white cardstock. I die cut two pieces with one larger than the other. On the larger banner die cut, I covered this with washi tape. I added a trim to the top portion of the banner. I created the trim by adhering the washi tape on a scrap cardstock, then used a border punch. I repeated this step on another washi taped strip but used a different border punch this time. I layered these pieces on the other banner die cut. 

I punched holes on the top two corners of the banner. I threaded an embroidery floss through these holes. 

I trimmed a mint cardstock at 5 1/2" x 4 1/4". I stamped the sentiment on the panel. I adhered the banners using foam adhesive.

I die cut the KS Stitched Slimline Strips dies on yellow cardstock. I adhered the strip to the edges of the panel to create a frame. Unfortunately, this die set is already retired but there is an A2 sized version of this die set which should work.

I added some splatters to the panel. Not the best thing to do especially when the elements of the card are already adhered. To mute down the unsatisfactory paint splatter, I adhered some KS Fun Flurries Sprinkles to the panel.

I hope you like today's project. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

I added below links to the Kat Scrappiness products I used on this card. There will be no additional cost to you should you decide to purchase any of these products. While you are at the Kat Scrappiness website, do check out their wide array of products especially the exclusive Kat Scrappiness products. They have a new release and an ongoing promotion, too! 




I am sharing this creation at

No comments:

Post a Comment