Sunday, October 15, 2023

Stitching on Embossing

Hello! Welcome back to my blog. Today's card is part of the Kat Scrappiness Thankful 4 U Inspiration IG Hop. I added the link to the hop at the bottom of the post. I hope you can join us.

If you have been following me, you know that one of my joys in crafting is being able to stitch on my project. Today's card has stitching on it. I'll get to this later on the post.

I stamped the images from the Kat Scrappiness Thanksgiving Gnome stamp set on white cardstock. I colored the images using Prismacolor pencils. I die cut the images with the coordinating die.

For the focal point of the card, I am using the KS Thank You Word with Shadow Craft die. Instead of die cutting the detailed sentiment, I embossed this on a yellow KS Autumn Glitter paper. To emboss it, you need add a silicone mat to your die cutting machine sandwich, laying it underneath the paper to prevent the die from cutting the paper. I highly recommend lightly misting the paper with water to prevent the paper from cracking. Also, only do one pass of the embossing sandwich thru the die cutting machine. Running the paper back and forth through the die cut machine made my paper crack.

The nice thing about the KS Glitter paper is that it only has the look of glitter without the glitter. This makes sewing on it easy. Not to forget that there is less mess because of the faux glitter.

I adhered a scrap piece of cardstock to the back of the embossed glittered paper. This prevents tearing of the glitter paper as I poke holes on it. The embossed impression guided me on where to poke stitching holes. Poke holes on corners and adjust the spaces of the holes from these corners. The stitching holes does not need to be perfectly spaced from each other. Another tip is do not poke holes close to each other even if these holes are on different sides of the letter. Poke the hole a bit higher than the other. This prevents the holes from connecting because of a tear. If you cannot add a stitching hole to a part of the image, it is okay. The floss will cover this up.

I am using a DMC Variegated embroidery floss for stitching which works really well on projects like this since you never know in what part of the sentiment the floss will change color.

I die cut this stitched glitter panel using the shadow die. I die cut the shadow die on a scrap piece of cardstock first then used used the negative piece of the die cut in positioning the die over the stitched glittered panel. I used the scrap shadow die cut to add dimension to the embroidered die cut.


I die cut the brown glittered paper with a KS Stitched Rectangle die. I also die cut a green glittered paper using a KS A2 Stitched Hills Border die. I adhered the die cut elements to the brown glittered paper to create my scene. 

I hope you like today's card. I look forward to you hopping with us. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.


I added below links to the Kat Scrappiness products I used on this card. There will be no additional cost to you should you decide to purchase any of these products. While you are at the Kat Scrappiness website, do check out their wide array of products especially the exclusive Kat Scrappiness products. They have a new release, too!  





No comments:

Post a Comment