Thursday, October 12, 2023

A Doodlebug WCMD Card


Hello! Welcome back to my blog. Belated World Card Making Day! WCMD is celebrated every first Saturday of October. I look forward to it every year because of the card making challenges held by blogs and/or crafting companies. The Doodlebug challenges are a favorite of mine. This is a great way to use my stash of Doodlebug products.

I am using patterned papers from Sugar Shoppe and Christmas Town. Who says you only need to use Christmas products for Christmas only? The B side of the Christmas Town paper is full of red hearts making it convenient to use on other occasions. I inked the edges of these patterned papers with coordinating color inks. I spritz and flicked blue Mica spray to the blue patterned paper panel for a bit of shimmer.

I am following a sketch, as seen below. I added a pink strip of cardstock to follow this sketch. I added a stitch detail to this strip using a retired Trinity Stamps die.

For the other elements of the sketch, I used the Sweet Stamps and Happy Mail washi tapes. The Sweet Stamps washi tape has perforations which you can tear making it look like a real stamp. I love it! I also love washi tapes with sentiments on it, just like the Happy Mail washi tape. You can substitute this for a stamped sentiment on a card any time. Not to forget, these washi tapes have the cute Doodlebug icons and fonts on it. Love it!

Washi tapes have a bit of transparency to it. I trimmed a scrap cardstock, smaller than the stamps, and adhere the stamp washi tape to it. I added a bit of liquid adhesive where needed to prevent the washi tape from peeling off. I adhered this to the patterned paper panel following the sketch. I stamped the wavy cancellation lines over some of the washi stamps using a Ranger Archival Black ink. I used the Misti Stamping Tool to stamp this lines just in case I need to re-stamp this since the stamp has a bit of dimension. 

I trimmed the Happy Mail washi tape to make it slimmer. Before adhering it to the patterned paper panel, I stamped a circular imprint and a subsentiment to the panel. I adhered the Happy Mail sentiment which has a two layers of cardstock underneath it for a bit of dimension.


I hope you like today's card. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation at









No comments:

Post a Comment