Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Halloween Slimline Card


Hello! Welcome back to my blog. For today's card, I am featuring the same Kat Scrappiness product I used on a past card (Halloween Swing Pop-up Card). I hope that in this way, you will see the versatility of this product, and maybe come up with your own ideas on other ways to use this product. 


I die cut the small spider on three different colored cardstocks, orange, green and purple, keeping up with the colors of Halloween. The spider die when cut is a spider with a web string attached to it. I simply trimmed off the string, leaving me with just the spider. I pounced embossing powders to these spiders and poured clear embossing powder to it. I did this process twice so I will end up with an enamel looking spider embellishment. 

Since the eyes do get die cut, and I don't want to use the same-colored cardstock for the eyes, I die cut the spider again this time on white cardstock. I tried to keep the eyes from falling off but if did fall off, I pieced it back to the negative cut for the eyes and kept it in place with a piece of tape on the back. I painted embossing fluid to the spider eyes using the Wow! Mixed Media embossing brush. I dipped the spider on Wow! Fluorescent Yellow embossing powder then heat set it. While the melted powder is still hot, I added embossing powder to it again by dipping it in Wow! Glow in the Dark embossing powder. I heat set this again. 


I pieced the eyes to the colored spiders by putting a small dot of blue to the sides of the negative openings for the eyes. I added a dot of Ranger Enamel Accents to the eyes. The eyes don't glow as much in the dark because of its small size.

I die cut another set of spiders using the same-colored cardstocks. I adhered this to the back of the same-colored spider for some dimension. 

I die cut the spiderweb on black felt and black cardstock. I adhered the black cardstock to the back of the felt die cut to add stability to the felt spiderweb die cut.


I die cut the letters on a white cardstock and a silver glitter cardstock. I adhered the white letter die cuts to the back of the glittered letter die cuts. The alphabet dies I used is from the My Favorite Things Spell Anything Alphabet Die-namics.

For the card panel, I trimmed a gray cardstock at 8 1/2" x 3 1/2" to create a slimline panel. I dry embossed this using a Sizzix Spiderweb embossing folder. I lightly sanded the raised portions of the embossed panel for a grunge look. 

I added strips to the top and bottom portions of the embossed panel using a Martha Stewart Halloween tape. I only wanted the sentiment portion of the tape, so I trimmed this with a craft knife with the help of a ruler. I adhered this to the top and bottom edges of the panel. 

I adhered the spiderwebs to the panel. I adhered the letters and the spiders on the spiderwebs. I added gray sequins to the panel.

I adhered this to a slimline top folding landscape card. 

I hope you like today's card. I hope this inspires you to look at your craft dies and give the die cut a different look, extending the use of your dies. Maria Giselle B.

Below, I have added a link to the Kat Scrappiness product I used on this card. There will be no additional cost to you should you decide to purchase this product. While you are at the Kat Scrappiness website, do check out their wide array of products including the exclusive Kat Scrappiness products. 

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation at

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge~Fun With Washi! 

Simon Says Stamp Happy World Card Making Day #106

Ally's Angels: Challenge #62~Anything Goes

No comments:

Post a Comment