Monday, September 19, 2022

Halloween Swing Pop-Up Card

Hello! Welcome back to my blog. This is my first post as a Kat Scrappiness Creative Influencer. I am excited to be a part of the group. I hope you join me in this creative journey. 


I started off with die cutting the spider on black cardstock. I partially die cut the spider string to make it longer. I die cut two pieces of the spider to create dimension and stability to the string portion of the die cut. I strategically die cut the eyes of the spider on white cardstock. I applied embossing ink to the eyes. I poured Wow! Glow in the Dark embossing powder to the eyes, and heat set it. I applied a dot of black Enamel Accents to the eyes. I adhered the eyes by piecing this to the negative cut created by the die. I added Ranger Glossy Accents to the spider's limbs and poured black flocking powder for some texture.


I created the swing mechanism using two small circle die cuts. I sandwiched the end of the string die cut to two of the circles. I punched a circle on the center. This opening is bigger than the circle foam I used.  

I trimmed 4 pieces of 4 1/2" x 5 1/2" black cardstock. I used a rectangle die to create a window on these black panels. I adhered the dot foam on the top portion of one of the rectangular frames. The foam is positioned on the center of the hole of the circle swing mechanism. This is kept in place with another circle die cut adhered to the foam. 

I added detail to the front frame with the use of a full panel cover die from Li'l Inker Designs. To adhere this frame to the frame with the swinging spider, I added cardstock 'springs' to both sides of the frame. These cardstock 'springs' are pieces of cardstock cut 2" wide, and scored at 1/2", 1" and 1 1/2". The length does not matter as long as it is long enough to support whatever you want popped out. You will see the cardstock spring on the photo above.

For the sentiment, I adhered a washi tape to a white cardstock strip. I trimmed this and adhered it to the bottom portion of the rectangle window. 

For the back portion, I die cut the full shaped spider web on black cardstock and white parchment paper. I applied clear shimmer to the parchment paper. I adhered this to the black spider web die cut, slightly offsetting it. I applied glue to the tip of the spider web and adhered this to a frame with a with a smaller rectangle window compared to the rest of the other frames.

I adhered the other two frames to the back of the panel with the swing mechanism for dimension. I adhered the frame with the spider web to the back of this. I added a patterned paper to the back of the spider web. 

I adhered this to a top folding A2 notecard to make this into a card.

Thank you for viewing my blog. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Enjoy the short video below showing the interactive feature of this card. 

I added below a link to the Kat Scrappiness product I used on this card. There will be no additional cost to you should you decide to purchase this product. While you are at the Kat Scrappiness website, do check out their wide array of products including the exclusive Kat Scrappiness products. 

 Maria Giselle B.


I am sharing this creation at




1 comment: