Saturday, December 19, 2020

Mini Envelope Christmas Card

Hello! I created this card to join in the Scrapbook And Cards Today's Blog Challenge Week as they celebrate the release of their new magazine edition. There are several challenges but I chose to participate in the Mood Board which you can see below. 


The photos that caught my eye are the top right and the top bottom. I also love the featured colors in this mood board.


I die cut mini envelopes using a die from the Lawn Fawn Happy Mail die set. I die cut different colored vellum. I trimmed a cream cardstock at 1" x 1 1/2" and scored it at 3/4" on the long side. This will be the mini card inserts in the envelope. I stamped different messages inside each mini card using the LF Tiny Tags Saying stamp set. I stamped the sentiments using Versafine Onyx Black ink. To embellish the front of the mini card, I am using a Christmas tree foil tape. The Christmas trees come continuously. I snipped off every other tree following the tree's contour which is not hard to do since it is just a straight cut. I adhered this to the front of the mini card. I rounded the bottom edges using a We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper.


For the panel, I die cut a gray cardstock using a stitched rectangular die from Mama Elephant Peek A Frame Creative Cuts. I splattered some W Plus 9 Shimmer Spray to this panel. I added white splatters using Copic Opaque White Ink. I set this aside to dry. 


For the main sentiment, I die cut the word joy from My Favorite Things. I die cut this on a pink and platinum vellum. I adhered the pink vellum on top of the white vellum die cut hoping it will make the pink color pop some more. Since the color is still too subtle, I carefully blended Tim Holtz Tattered Rose Distress Ink to this die cut. 

I created sentiment strips to complete the sentiment. I used stamps from Ink Blot Shop and Hero Arts. I heat embossed the sentiments on a pink cardstock strips using Hero Arts white embossing powder. I blended the same Tim Holtz Distress Ink to these strips. I die cut the strips using Avery Elle Simple Sentiments Elle-ments die. 

I adhered the envelopes to this panel the same way as the envelopes on the mood board. I adhered the die cut sentiment, then the strips. 


Thank you for viewing my blog. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day. Merry Christmas everyone!

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation at

No comments:

Post a Comment