Friday, October 2, 2020

Using Negative Cuts On A Card, Second Part Of New Craft Stash #6


Hello! If you saw the previous post, that is my 8 year old taking over my blog and trying to show off his art work. I hope you liked it and if you have time to leave him a comment, please do so. 

Back to this post, I am using left over cuts from a previous card featuring the Trinity Stamps Marshmallow die set. In that project, I started off by applying a wash of color on a 4" x 6" watercolor paper. I used this washed watercolor paper to cut out the letters for the sentiment. I die cut the letters with equal spacing to maintain the color gradient on each letter which was created on the watercolor panel. After the letter die cuts popped off the panel, I saw how perfect the layout of the letters are. I did not want to put this panel to waste so I saved it. As soon as I was done with my other card, I went ahead and worked on this one.

I cut several scraps of patterned paper from the 6x6 American Crafts My Girl paper pad. I cut these out to cover the negative cuts created by the letters. I distributed the patterns to the letters for some variation. I would say that this is a good way to use those scraps. I did some ink blending on each patterned paper using the Tim Holtz Distress inks in Tattered Rose, Salty Ocean and Squeezed Lemonade.

Before I adhered the patterned paper to the back of the negative cut panel, I spritz and added splatters on the front panel with Prima Color Bloom Spray in Soft Teal. I dried this with a heat tool. Then, I added splatters of Prima Color Bloom Pearl White. I also dried this with a heat tool.

I started adhering the cut out patterned papers to the back of the negative cut panel, making sure that a negative cut letter is covered by this cut out patterned paper. I used a liquid adhesive. 

To make the letters pop out some more, I ran a thin tipped black gel pen on each letter. 

I created a black A7 card for the card base. I adhered the negative cut panel to this with fun foam adhered to the back for some dimension. I drew a line around this panel using a Sakura Souffle Light Orange Gel Pen. 

Thank you for viewing my blog. I hope you have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation at



1 comment:

  1. Lovely card. Thanks for sharing it us at the Polkadoodles challenge Janrt DT

    ReplyDelete