Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Stitched Anniversary Card

Hello! I created this for my husband for our 20th wedding anniversary. I created a fall color themed card to join in Altenew's Inspiration Challenge. I am using the following Altenew products: String Art Rectangles die set, Treble Love die set, Happy die, and Happy Halftone stamp set.

I created a sunburst design by tracing a circle die large enough to fit the heart in the Treble Love die set. I used a ruler to draw straight lines from this circle. The String Art Rectangles die set comes with a straight die which I used to pierce holes on my drawn lines. Since it only pierces 6 holes at a time, I fitted the end most piercing die to the pierced hole on the cardstock and ran it again through the die cut machine to extend the length of the pierced holes. I had to poke the pierced holes before stitching since I am using a blunt ended needle to make the stitching easier for me. But if you are using a pointed needle, this step can be skipped. I used various fall colored embroidery flosses. 

I die cut the word happy and the heart on a cardstock, cutting several pieces to stack it for added dimension. I heat embossed the word anniversary with Wow! Rich Pale Gold embossing powder. I die cut it into a strip using an Avery Elle Simple Sentiments Elle-ments die. I adhered this to the stitched panel. I added shimmer to the heart and the word happy using Zig Kuretake Copper Wink of Luna and Nuvo Midas Touch Aqua Shimmer pen.

I added splatters to the panel by adding dots of the Wink of Luna and Nuvo.

I adhered this to a plum colored 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" cardstock, then adhered it to a top folding note card.

Thank you for viewing my blog. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation at



2 comments:

  1. Wow! great design. Thanks for joining us at A Place to Start this month for our"Red, Yellow and Green" challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your fabulous submission to our challenge! You have been chosen as a TOP SPROUT for the month of October at A Place to Start!

    The Resident Design Team of A Place To Start!

    ReplyDelete