Wednesday, November 5, 2014

White Christmas Card

I made this mostly white Christmas card. I wanted to create trees using a stencil, so I masked areas using tape to create triangles. I have to make sure the pattern is going downward to mimic leaves of pine trees. I used embossing paste to create more texture, and applied glittered embossing powder on top. I set this aside to dry before heat embossing it. I had to make one tree at a time.



After the trees are made, I mixed  gray and white mists to paint over the background, to make it not so white, and allow the trees to stand out. I painted gray mist on the middle of the trees to recreate a tree trunk. It took me a couple of coatings before I was satisfied with the color intensity I was aiming for. I was hoping there will be shimmer on the background, too, but I don't want to take the attention away from the sparkling trees.

I have no snowdrift stamp or stencil, so I looked through my stamp sets and saw this solid dots (which are actually from floral stamp sets). I stamped it randomly with Versamark and applied white embossing powder.

For the ground, I cut 2 vellums. I had to trace the middle tree on the bottom vellum. I don't want the middle tree to be covered so I cut around the tree using the trace marks. I adhered the vellum using adhesive since I have no other way to hide the adhesive under the vellum, that's why you will notice some warping.  The sentiment was stamped using a gray dye ink. Since it is stamped on vellum, it stayed wet long enough for me to apply clear embossing powder and heat set it.



To finish off the card, I cut 3 stars from a silver glitter paper. I don't know how the star on the left ended sideways. Since it is already adhered that way, I guess it just adds to the homemade feel of the card.


Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

Stencil: Hero Arts Zig Zag Pattern
Embossing Paste: Wendi Vecchi White Embossing Paste
Embossing Powder: Hero Arts Clear, Judikins Iridescent Sparkle, Hero Arts White
Mist: Prima Color Bloom Storm Cloud, White
Die: Mama Elephant Borderlines Trio Creative Cuts, Confetti Creative Cuts
Stamp: Altenew Hennah Elements, Hero Arts Holiday Sayings, Paper Smooches Denim & Daisies
Paper: White Cardstock, Vellum

I am submitting this challenge to:



1 comment: