Thursday, November 13, 2014

Color Pencil Parol Inspired Card

I am a huge Jennifer McGuire fan, that is no denying. After seeing her video, I went ahead and tried the repeat stamping technique she thought in her video (http://heroarts.com/blogs/club/2014/11/03/video-repeat-stamping/). I was going to use this as a background for the tag I made on my previous post but it was both competing for attention. Maybe because of the colors I used on both.


I was supposed to be done with the repeated stamping but after coloring the image with color pencils, it kind of reminded me of the colorful 'parols' (star lanterns) back in the Philippines. So I cut a circle to use as a template in drawing two circles around the image. I colored this with a brown color pencil. I used Staedtler Ergosoft color pencils. I wanted to blend my coloring so I tried a Finesse Blender pen which was supposed to work for all kinds of color pencils. Well, there is no much change after applying the blender to the colored area. Maybe this type of Staedtler is not wax based which is what the Finesse Blender pen will work with.

I draw the tails, used a black marker to write over the lines, then colored it in. I stamped the sentiment using Versafine Ink in black, applied clear embossing powder, and heat set it. I have to mount letters together to create the sentiment. I've always asked my sister in the Philippines to keep a lookout for a stamp with the Parol on it. Unfortunately, there is none for sale back there although, there are stamps for sale online. 'Maligayang Pasko' means Merry Christmas in Filipino. 

I have no gold enamel dots. I can't believe it. So, I used a wooden enamel dot, applied glue on it, and sprinkles gold glitter over it. I also applied glue to the ring then poured gold glitter over it to tie in with the gold center of the star.


Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

Stamp: Hero Arts Christmas Crystals, Martha Stewart Unmounted Rubber Stamp Loop Script
Staedtler Ergosoft Color Pencils
EK Success Circle Curvy Cutter
Tim Holtz Distress Glitter Antique Linen
My Mind's Eye Enamel Dot
Versafine Onyx Black Pigment Ink
clear embossing powder

I am submitting this creation to:




2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Maria Giselle :-) the colours and geometric design are fabulous ! It reminds me of a kaleidoscope, so pretty :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a pretty card!!! thank you for playing with us at simon says stamp!

    ReplyDelete