Saturday, November 29, 2014

Masked Background Stamp and Sentiment Stamp Merry Forever Card

I created a square card with a Christmas theme. This was not the original plan I have in mind but I had to make adjustments since that plan of mine was not working out. For this card, I stamped the tree and colored it with Copics. I have the matching die for the tree but I fuzzy cut the trees to have no white border. For the background, I masked a part of the background stamp to create a triangular image. With a ruler, I drew lines to close the open squares and create the triangular edge. I used a Versamark pen since I am going to emboss the background. 


This is the first time I used the Ranger Verdigris embossing powder. The color of this powder after melting is very pretty.


I masked the sentiment stamp so I will only have the word merry stamped to the card. At first, I stamped this straight to the card using a gold ink. It wasn't noticeable being stamped on a kraft cardstock. I stamped this onto a black strip of cardstock and heat embossed it in gold. The forever was die cut using gold cardstock. To make it stand out, I colored it with Wink of Luna Pen in copper. Coloring it was tricky since it is attached to the final card already. If I planned this ahead of time, I would have colored it first before attaching it to the card.



Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

Stamp: Paper Smooches Hip To Be Square, Merry Motifs
Die: Paper Smooches Always & Forever

I am submitting this creation to:

 


2 comments:

  1. Fun and festive holiday design! Love the embossed background. Thanks for joining us at Paper Smooches SPARKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a CUTE Card!! I LOVE your take on the Sketch!! THANKS SO MUCH for joining us over on the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge Blog and I hope you'll join us again!! =) Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete