Tuesday, November 25, 2014

One Paper Pack Self-Challenge

My co-worker asked me to make a bunch of Thank You note cards. She will give it as a gift to her sister. I wanted to use what I already have, so I challenged myself to use one 6 x 6 paper pack. The one I chose is Jillibean Soup Sweet and Sour.



I used WOW! Ultra High Embossing Powder for the card below to add dimension to the die cuts. I used Glossy Accents for the die cut on the the card above. I like the Glossy Accent effect more than the WOW! But I enjoyed seeing the powder crystals melt, so it didn't stop me from using the WOW! some more.






With this next card, I didn't use the same sentiment die. I used the alphabet patterned paper and cut up the letters to create the sentiment.


Although it is not captured in photo, the letters were first heat embossed using the WOW! Ultra High. It didn't come out clean despite re-applying another second coat of powder. I ended up applying Glossy Accent on top of the embossing. 




This next two cards were inpired by Jennifer McGuire's technique:
I wanted to give it a try.  Using both positive and negative cuts allowed me to come up with two more cards. Now, I have a total of seven cards to which my co-worker can choose from. 





I embossed the background on the first card, and used embossing paste for the second card.


A set of note cards won't be complete without a box. Thanks to Jennifer McGuire's tutorial 
(http://www.jennifermcguireink.com/2014/02/video-card-boxes.html).  The cards are snug in the box.  If I create another note card box, maybe I will measure the thickness of the cards and envelopes, then adjust the measurement accordingly.


Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

I posted this at:





No comments:

Post a Comment