Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Stamp Tracing on Kraft Cardstock



This is my second card for today's Incy Wincy Designs Challenge using a digi stamp from one of our sponsors. I got my inspiration from Jennifer McGuire. Do check out her blog post on stamp tracing which includes a video on the technique.

I printed the image on kraft cardstock. The cardstock I am using is from Papelmeroti, a gift shop in the Philippines. This is one of the treasures I brought back to my craft stash during my visit to my parents & sister in the Philippines. Papelmeroti's kraft cardstock is thinner, darker and about half an inch longer than the cardstock bought here in the US. Fuzzy cutting the image is actually easy because of how thin the cardstock is.

I colored the image with Pentel Juice pastel gel pens which has 6 colors only. I used Prismacolor pencils to add accents to the images. I fuzzy cut the heart wreath image leaving a thin border around it. I cut a pink vellum big enough to cover the opening of the heart wreath. I embossed the vellum using Ellen Hutson Stitching Dies. I adhered the vellum to the back of the digital die cut. I adhered foam adhesive to the back for dimension.

For the card base, I am using a Bazzil cardstock, I partially embossed the front of the card using Li'l Inker Designs Quilted Swirl Stitch Pattern die. To the area not embossed, I heat embossed the sentiment from Honey Bee Bless Your Heart stamp set.

I poured some flower sequins behind the vellum to create a muted shaker card. The vellum somehow conceals the shaker elements. I used flower sequins from Simon Says Stamp and flower sequins from the Philippines. Using an acetate can be another option instead of using vellum if you want to showcase your shaker elements. I adhered this digital die cut to the card front. There is a bit of overhang on the design so this card will need a bigger sized envelope.

I added sparkle to some of the images using Wink of Stella. I adhered butterfly sequins (another treasure from the Philippines). I applied Tonic Nuvo Crystal Drops on top of the butterflies, and near the sentiment. As last step, I rounded the corners using We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper.



Thanks for viewing my blog. Have a blessed & brilliant day!

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation with






2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us over at All Dressed Up,fab use of the image, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Lovely colouring!
    Thanks for joining us at All Dressed Up! :o)

    ReplyDelete