Monday, September 16, 2024

Spider Web Mobile


Hello! Welcome back to my blog. For today's project, I created a halloween decor featuring my most used and favorite Kat Scrappiness product, the KS Creepy Crawly craft dies. 

I die cut the half spider web die on black cardstock, cutting 6 pieces of it. There is a whole spider web die in this set but I wanted a larger spider web that's why I used the half spider web die. I overlapped the centers of the half spider web die cut to create a whole spider web. I built layers using the other pieces, cutting off the centers on some to make the spider web leveled. 

I die cut the spiders on holographic cardstock and pearl metallic cardstock. I adhered a narrow double adhesive on the back of the spider to keep the eyes of the spider in place. I adhered a transparent thread to the adhesive on the back of the spider. To secure this thread, I adhered another double adhesive tape over it. I added dots of glue to the back of the spider, then adhered another spider over it. The spiders mirror each other so it matches when you adhere it back to back. It is a bit tenuous adhering the spider legs but it all worked out. I cut the thread long enough before moving on to the next spider. 


I poked holes on the ends of the spider web. I threaded a black floss through these holes. I tied these flossed into a knot. This will be the hanger of the mobile.


I used a small needle to poke a hole on the spider web and to thread the transparent thread through this hole. I tied a knot on the end of the thread to keep this from slipping through the hole. I continued doing this until all the spiders are attached to the spider web. 


I decorated the spider web with a silver trim. I adhered the trim using a glue gun. A lot of mess but totally worth it.



I hope you like today's project. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

I added below a link to the Kat Scrappiness product I used on this card. There will be no additional cost to you should you decide to purchase any of these products. While you are at the Kat Scrappiness website, do check out their wide array of products. They have a new release, too! Enjoy!

I am sharing this project at

No comments:

Post a Comment