Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Interactive Spring Card

Hello! Welcome back to my blog! Today's card has an interactive feature that I am hoping you will like. 

The focal image is the cute Quokka from the Kat Scrappiness Easter Quokkas stamp set. I know Easter has passed but it does not mean you cannot look beyond your occasion themed stamps and give it a new life. This is exactly what I did with this Quokka stamp. The original image of this stamp is a Quokka inside a half broken decorated Easter egg. I covered the egg with tape before applying ink to the stamp. Before stamping the image to the watercolor paper, I removed the inky tape and covered the egg portion with tape again to prevent the ink from transferring to the watercolor paper, just in case it had some ink on it. If I did not get it perfectly the first time, I repeat the process. You can also use a black marker to darken the imperfect line impressions should you not want to re-stamp and go through all this process again. 

The stamped images and umbrella canopy die cut are all watercolored using Zig Clean Color Real brush markers.

This card went a long way from just having the umbrella at the center of the card to making the umbrella swing. This slows down my creation of a project but the extra effort is truly worth it. 


Below is a short video showing the interactive feature of this card. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.


I added below links to the Kat Scrappiness products I used and alternative products that can be used on this card. There will be no additional cost to you should you decide to purchase this/these product/s. While you are at the Kat Scrappiness website, do check out their wide array of products especially the exclusive Kat Scrappiness products. They have a new release, too! You can also use flower sequins or sprinkles instead of a flower stamp. These are also available at Kat Scrappiness.


I am sharing this creation at

No comments:

Post a Comment