Thursday, February 2, 2023

A Very White Card

Hello! Welcome back to my blog. This card was created as part of my AECP 2 journey featuring Monochromatic colors. Today's card is a first for me. I created monochromatic cards before but never in white. 

I am using the Altenew Happy Birthday stamp set and Altenew Trebel Love die set on this project. I started off with die cutting all of the three dies that come in the set on white cardstock. I die cut multiples of these dies, three of each. This is a great way to use those scraps. The sentiment is cut as one. I snipped the words to separate the words. This allows me some freedom to reposition the words. I adhered one on top of the other for some dimension. 

I trimmed a heavy weight white cardstock at 4 1/4" x 11". I scored this at 5 1/2" on the long end to create a top folding A2 note card. I embossed the music icon stamps from the stamp set on a part of the front of this note card. I only need to add the embossing to the part that will show through the split that I will create on the next step. The embossing powder I used is Ranger Seafoam White embossing powder. 

I trimmed a light weight white cardstock at 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". Using a wavy border die, I die cut a gap in this panel, more towards the left side of the panel. I made sure that the embossing on the card panel shows through this gap. I adhered this to the card panel front using foam adhesive.

I added embossing glitter powder on the music clef and the sentiment dimensional die cuts. After pouncing embossing ink on these die cuts, I added Judikins Iridescent Sparkling embossing powder to this, then poured Ranger Clear Rock Candy Glitter. I heat set this until the embossing powder melted. If needed, I repeated the process. 

The music clef has a heart negative cut which I embossed with Ranger Seafoam White embossing powder.

I adhered the music staff die cut on the front of the card panel, more towards the bottom and somehow creating the illusion of connecting the two split wavy front panels. I adhered the other elements after. 

The embossing powders and the dimensions added variation to this card's supposed plainness.


I hope you like my card and give it a try, create your own version. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

I added below links to the Altenew products I used on this card. There will be no additional cost to you should you decide to purchase these product/s. It is just a way to help a fellow crafter sustain her love for crafting. While in the Altenew blog, don't forget to check out their new release for this month. Thank you for your support!

Maria Giselle B. 

I am sharing this creation at




2 comments:

  1. Super tuneful card :)
    Love the contrast of the finishes against the white card - adds a little something extra. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards in our white on white challenge.
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO stunning, Maria!! truly gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete