Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Yellow Themed Stitched Card

 

Hello! Welcome back to my blog. Today's card was created as part of my AECP Level 2 journey. This is my 2nd card for the class. My favorite color is yellow, which explains the color choice of my flowers in this card. 

I stamped the image on a 5 1/2" x 8 1/4" kraft cardstock. The stamp I used is larger than 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". Since I have no specific plans yet when I started this card, I decided to stamp the whole image so I can color it. I can decide later on what to do with this panel. The stamp I used is Altenew Calming Cluster stamp set. 

I stamped the image using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I used the Misti Stamping Tool to stamp the image  not only because this is a large image but I will be re-stamping the image after I colored the image. 

I colored the image with yellow color pencils from my stash, adding shadows and highlights on certain areas. I took my time in coloring this image. Since I am heavy handed in coloring with color pencils, my hand gets tired easily. Taking breaks is important for me especially if I have to color a large image.

I used yellow-green color pencils for the leaves. I blended the yellow and yellow-green for the floral sprays. 

I returned the colored panel to the Misti Stamping Tool, making sure it is positioned the same way it was positioned earlier. I re-inked and re-stamped the image on the colored panel to regain the crisp outline of the image.

It's time to decide on what to do with this panel. Using a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" rectangle die as a guide, I positioned the sentiment stamp on the lower right bottom of the floral cluster. Once I committed to the placement of the sentiment, I temporarily taped the rectangle die, then ran this through the die cutting machine. 

I stamped the sentiment using the Misti Stamping Tool and the same black ink. I re-stamped the sentiment a couple of times. I only applied gentle pressure over the sentiment stamp. I don't want to press too hard and have a squished looking sentiment. I added a sub-sentiment on top of the main sentiment using the same ink. The sentiment is also from the same stamp set.

I wanted to add an outline frame to make the image pop out. I could have drawn the lines but I wanted to add stitching to the panel. I used the Altenew String Art Rectangles die set but I did not run the die over the colored panel. I don't want to add pierced holes on the flowers and leaves. To avoid doing this I created a template for adding pierced holes by cutting a vellum at 5 1/2" x 4 1/4". I positioned the die at the center of this vellum panel, temporarily taping it to the vellum. I ran this through the die cut machine. I temporarily taped this pierced vellum on top of the colored panel. I poked the holes using the pierced holes as a guide avoiding poking holes over solid images. The vellum allowed me to see which holes to avoid poking. I also added holes to the areas close to the images to keep the stitched line continuous.


I did a running stitch for the outline using a light yellow DMC floss. 

I adhered this to a top-folding A2 portrait card. 


Thank you for viewing my blog. Have a blessed brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

I added below links to the products I used on this card. There will be no additional cost to you should you decide to purchase this/these product/s. It is just a way to help a crafter out sustain her love for crafting. Thank you for your support!

I am sharing this creation at







1 comment: