Friday, February 18, 2022

One Layer Card

 

Hello, and welcome back. For today's card, I challenged myself to create a one-layer card and do some masking. Masking for ink blending is my least favorite because my masks tend to peel off while I blend inks. I always hear on other crafter's videos that these can be re-used. Mines tend to be a one-time use only. Maybe it depends on the kind of masks. After I use up the brand of masking paper that I have, I will try another brand.

To create my card, I die cut the Lawn Fawn Stitched Speech Bubble Frames die, LF Sripty Thanks die and a cat die from the LF Spooktacular coordinating die on sheet of masking paper. I left the masking paper on the release paper. I only peeled off the speech bubble negative masking paper cut. I blended the Tim Holtz Faded Jeans Distress Oxide to this area being careful that I do not peel off the intricate scripty masking paper die cut. No matter how careful I was, some of it peeled off, having a bit of blue ink bleed which I have a fix later on.

I replaced the speech bubble negative cut then removed the background negative cut masking paper, making sure I leave the cat masking paper die cut adhered. I blended TH Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide Ink to this area. I flicked some water to this inked area, allowing the water to seep in before lifting it off with a dry paper towel.


I removed all the masking paper which is always like Christmas morning with the reveal. This is the best thing about masking, and my favorite so far, the revelation including any errors in blending. To fix the blue bleed on the white sentiment, I used a white Sakura Gelli Roll pen to cover up the areas with the blue ink. 

I stamped the cat on the area of the panel where the cat masking paper used to be. I colored the cat with Copic markers. For this card, Peppy is my model cat.

I added supplement sentiments to the large focal sentiment using LF Milo's ABCs. 

Thank you for viewing my blog. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation at


4 comments:

  1. WOW! I love your masking for this one layer card! Great job! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun design, and one cute kitty! I love the punny sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card, Maria! I was so surprised to see that this was a one layer card! Well done! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Love the fun design! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge!

    ReplyDelete