Friday, January 14, 2022

Coffee Cup Shaped Bottom Fold Card

 

Hello! I am a Guest Designer at Coffee Loving Cardmakers Blog. I am so glad to be a given a chance to do this.

I used the Honey Bee Coffee Cup Gift Card Holder to cut the coffee cup. Even though this die is intended to create a gift card holder, it does not mean we cannot create other things using this die, right? I enjoy creating new things out of specialty dies.

I usually sketch my plan before I start creating. It makes the process easy for me. I did a bit of partial die cutting to achieve the layers I need to create the cup. 



I cross stitched a heart on a cardstock. The holes were created using a Paper Smooches Cross Stitch die. I traced a heart on the holed panel and used this as a guide in stitching the heart. I am using a variegated DMC floss. I adhered a scrap heart die cut on the back of the stitched to heart to keep the stitching secure. I then carefully fussy cut the heart, making sure I don't cut any cross stitching.

I heat embossed the sentiment on vellum using Versafine Onyx Black ink and clear embossing powder. The sentiment is from the Honey Bee Perfect Blend stamp set. Using a scrap cross stitched holed panel as a guide, I poked holes on the vellum around the sentiment. I trimmed off the excess on the sides of the sentiment strip. I stitched a silver floss to create a frame around the sentiment and at the same time, secure the vellum sentiment strip to the stitched heart. 

I die cut arms using the Honey Bee Paper Hugs Honey Cuts. I layered each arm with two die cuts for some dimension. I adhered the arms to the heart with a liquid adhesive.

I hope you like this shaped card I created. The sentiment I chose for this card means a lot to me. I feel like I created this card to give to myself because I needed someone to say this to me during this time. How about you? Have you had moments like this when you feel that the card you have created is actually for yourself?

Thanks for visiting my blog. Thank you again, Amy for this great opportunity of allowing me to be a guest designer at Coffee Loving Cardmakers Blog. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation at


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the guest spot Maria...well deserved!! I love this sweet shaped card and the stitching is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your cross stitch Maria! Thank you for sharing your FUN creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. I would need more than coffee to stitch so well. Hope you will join us again. Good Luck and Happy Crafting!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wow, this is wonderful and so unique. Thanks for sharing your lovely project with us at The Jan's Digi Stamp Challenge Blog. Donna

    ReplyDelete