Saturday, June 26, 2021

Work Ballot Box


Hello! I want to share this repurposed box that I jazzed up into our work unit's ballot box for Employee Of The Month. I was going to put stars instead of the person trophy on the center but the original creator of the ballot box suggested for me to incorporate the trophy element of the ballot instead. I could not find a cut file of the trophy she used. This is the closest I can get to it. 

If you follow my blog, I prefer to use supplies that I already have in hand. The only thing that I had to purchase for this project is the navy cardstock to cover parts of the box. 

I downloaded the trophy file cut image from svgrepo to Cricut Design Space. The file image cuts an outline of the trophy. I edited this image in CDS. I used the contour feature to hide the negative cuts so I can cut a solid piece of the trophy. I used the contour feature to cut the negative cuts of the image using different colored cardstocks. I extended the height of the trophy by using the weld feature in which I welded a rectangle to the base of the trophy. 


I used black cardstock for most of the cut image except for a gold mirror cardstock for the trophy cut, and a gray cardstock for the base of the trophy. I used the We R Memory Keepers Foil Quill to write on the gray cardstock.


I wrapped the top of the box with the ballot. I wrapped the sides and the back with the navy blue cardstock. Good thing this box is only held by inserts so I was able to undo its box form while wrapping it.  I also used my son's left over Elmer's Glue for all the glue job for this project. Yes, it was messy! No wonder I less prefer Elmer's Glue but despite the mess, it held the things being glued together well. Thanks to the help of several pinching tools and weights. Not to forget, allowing adequate dry time in between areas that are being glued.

I cut the slit on the top of the box using a craft knife. I cut a navy cardstock about 1/2" larger than the size of the slit. I adhered this to the opening on the box to create a trim for the opening, making sure the holes are aligned. I added a heart rhythm die cut to follow the theme of the trophy from the ballot. I used SugarPea Designs Heart Beat die for this. I die cut this on a matte gold cardstock.

I adhered the trophy to the inside back side of the box. I adhered the other solid trophy cut to the outer back side of the box. I adhered the rest of the trophy layers to the front solid trophy cut. 

I stamped gold stars to the back flap of the box. I adhered another cardboard to the back side of the box for more support and to keep the flap from leaning backward and forward. We don't want the trophy leaning either way too, right? 

Thank you for viewing my blog. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.




1 comment: