Saturday, December 1, 2018

Embossed Cricut Die Cut and Embossed Cricut Written Sentiment


Hello! My 17 year old is at Columbia, Missouri right now auditioning for the All-State Missouri Band. He has worked so hard all his band life years to get to this point. This card is totally for him!

I first created a sentiment for the card. I searched the Cricut Design Space for a font I like then typed in the sentiment I want to add to my card. This font is in cut format. I changed it to write format so I can use a Ranger embossing pen to draw the outline of the letters. I prepared the area with an anti-static pouch. I positioned the sentiment to the area of the lay-out I want it at. I do not have plans to cut this out unless I don't get lucky with my first try of having the Cricut draw the letters out. Well, it turned out good on my first try. I poured white embossing powder and heat set this. I colored the inside of the letters with a lavender Sakura Souffle pen.

The image is from Cricut Design Space, too. I die cut the image. I temporarily adhered this to a scrap paper which will be my holder when I heat set the saxophone after pouring embossing powder to it. I did the embossing twice to even out the embossing and soften the edges, too.

To bring the attention to the saxophone, I used a My Favorite Things Spotlight stencil. The spotlight is longer than the area I want it at. I traced the bottom edge, the curve, of the spotlight to a paper. I cut this and use one of the edges to cover the excess bottom edge of the spotlight. I inked this area with Hero Arts Unicorn White pigment ink. I used the other half of the masking paper to cover the inked spotlight and add more inking to the base of the spotlight.

I selectively inked a My Favorite Things BG Sheet Music Background stamp with Delicata White Shimmer Pigment ink. I just wanted the impression more on the center of the background stamp. I placed the purple panel onto this inked background stamp and gently rubbed the paper. I set this aside to dry.

I applied Kool Tak clear foam tape to the back of the saxophone. I tried to cut this into thin strips but it does not really matter since it is clear. I adhered this to the center of the card. I added some musical notes. I used Paper Smooches Music Note die and DCWV glitter paper for the notes.

I trimmed off an eight of an inch from the edges then adhered this to a gold cardstock. I adhered this panel to a top folding A2 note card.

The audition usually takes the whole day. I won't hear back from him until later.


Thank you for taking your precious time to visit my blog. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation at




3 comments:

  1. Love your project! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations Challenge. kReN. Follow me at http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Anna-Karin DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional use a stencil” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)

    (DT Simply Create Too)


    PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…

    ReplyDelete