Monday, November 5, 2018

Creating Embellishments from Patterned Paper, A Pebbles Thanksgiving Lay-out


Hello. I am participating in Pebbles' November Sketch Challenge on Gratitude. There are so many things to be thankful for in life. One of the things I am thankful for is my family which inspired me to create this lay-out.

I was going to create a lay-out on what Pebbles supplies I have on hand. Most likely, I was about to use the Merry, Merry collection from last year's Christmas since that is what I have in abundance. In my visit to our local craft stores here in St. Louis, I was lucky to find that they sell Pebbles' Halloween patterned paper. It is also nice that not all of the patterned papers have Halloween prints. Some have Halloween colors which made me excited as I create this lay-out.

I started off by trimming the B side of the Meow patterned paper from the Pebbles Spooky Boo paper collection to 9 1/4" x 12". I cut a circle large enough to fit my photo on the B side of the Let's Party patterned paper which is from the same paper collection. I outlined this circle with a DMC gold thread to make it look like a wreath. I secured the thread with mini-staples using We R Memory Keepers Magnetic Staple board. I adhered the photo to the center of the circle.


For the embellishments, I fussy cut images from several Pebbles patterned papers, Hocus Pocus, B side of the Pumpkin Plaid and Hauntingly Beautiful from Midnight Haunting paper collection which is last year's Pebbles' Halloween collection.

I positioned the fussy cut embellishments around the photo but before I adhered it, I worked on the sentiment. I die cut the sentiment on gold cardstock four times to create a stacked sentiment for some dimension. For the top layer, I die cut the sentiment on the B side of the Hauntingly Beautiful. I am using Honey Bee Bless Your Heart Honey Cuts die.

After adhering it, I applied some shimmer using Spectrum Noir Shimmer pen. I positioned this on the top of the photo. I started adhering the embellishments, only applying liquid glue to the center. I adhered the sentiment after. I created a supplement sentiment strip by heat embossing the sentiment on the B side of the Hauntingly Beautiful patterned paper. I used a Wow! Rich Pale Gold embossing powder. The sentiment is from Honey Bee Bless Your Heart stamp set. I adhered this to the top of the die cut sentiment.

I added a sticker to the bottom of the photo which is from Pebbles Heart of Home sticker collection. I got this as a part of a card kit from Simon Says Stamp together with the 6x6 pad.



The lay-out is pretty much done. It just needs some more embellishing. I added Stickles, Nuvo Crystal Drops and enamel dot to the flower centers. I used a needle to add Ranger Black Enamel Accents to the dots in the center of the small flowers. I added shimmer to the butterflies using Spectrum Noir. I adhered Pretty Pink Posh Clear Jewels to some of the flower centers. I adhered some gold leaf sequins to some of the clusters.

I hope you found some inspiration in today's creation. Have a blessed, brilliant & creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation at





3 comments:

  1. Great creation, the fuzzy cutting looks fabulous around the circle. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Crafty Friends, we hope to see you back again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card. I love it.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes NOVEMBER 2018 Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day

    DL.ART
    DIANA L.

    ReplyDelete