Friday, September 1, 2017

See Through Snow Globe Shaker Christmas Card


I have been creating shaker cards, and here is another one. Somehow, after I created a Clear Shaker Card, I wanted to challenge to create more with the hope that on the second time, it will be easier. Well, it didn't turn out that way. I almost aborted the project but knowing me, I try to find solutions to mistakes.

I started this card as a square card but end up trimming the sides. It is now sized at 4 1/2" x 5 1/4". I am using an 80lb. Recollections Pearl Blue cardstock. I figured that with the layering, the end card will be sturdy enough.

I am also using the Lawn Fawn Ready, Set, Snow stamp set, coordinating dies and add-on dies. I die cut the snow globe on the front and back of the base card and on two more pearl blue cardstocks. I die cut the snow globe add-on using a pearl white cardstock. I die cut 4 pieces of this. I stamped the images from the stamp set which will be used for the shaker card. I colored the images with Copic markers. Using the coordinating dies, I die cut the images. I added Tim Holtz Distress Glitter Rock Candy using a glue pen on the snow drift, roof of the houses, and snow on the trees. The Add-on die set came with the snow drift die but you can easily create this yourself.


Here comes the tricky part, I should say. The only way I got this design to work is by keeping in mind how I wanted the layers to turn out.


Here is a close-up of the front snow globe shaker. The snowflakes were punched cuts from a Martha Stewart border punch. You can actually see the scene at the back on this photo. The sentiment was heat embossed using Hero Arts Silver embossing powder on gold cardstock.


And this is the shaker card on the inside of the card. I left the label blank so I can add a short sentiment to this card later on. Unlike the snow globe on the front of the card, this snow globe is inlaid to the inside of the card.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a blessed and brilliant day!

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation at






7 comments:

  1. I admire anyone who can make a shaker card and this is brilliant. It's clever idea but tricky to pull off. You have made it beautifully.
    Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...this is such a fun card. Gorgeous. Thank you for playing along at Christmas Card Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous shaker card Maria!!! Love, love, love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super sweet! I love your snowglobe and cute snowmen! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawn Fawnatics! Hope to see you again for the next challenge! /Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love shaker cards so much, and this is just amazing! Thank you so much for playing the Lawn Fawnatic Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY GOSH - is this a layered shaker card?! i don't think i've seen anything this amazing!! soooo cool! Thank you so much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope to see you again for the next challenge! /Karin


    ลาลีกา

    ReplyDelete