Monday, June 4, 2018

My Sister and Phone Case Inspired Card



We have a new challenge at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge Blog. We are calling this challenge as Phone Case Inspired Challenge. This is the photo of the phone case provided.


I got attracted to the colors of this phone case so I am using these rainbow colors for my card. I am using a Hero Arts Stencil and Strathmore Bristol paper for the front panel. I blended several Tim Holtz Distress inks on the stencil making a rainbow pattern, although I was inking the stencil, skipping a color from the last color I used. I lined up the inks in front of me so I will know which color to use next. I was doing this skipping pattern so I can use the skipped color when I move the stencil downward and to the left.

Some of my ink pads are extremely wet. Despite pouncing the blender to a scrap paper first before inking the stencil, I still end up with bleeding in some areas. Also, I should have wiped off the excess ink from my stencil before moving on to another color. I could have done this differently but I think it still turned out well. 

Our sponsor for this challenge is Little Blue Button. I am using the digital image called Chatting Charlie for my card. We were supplied with several awesome images but this one caught my eye because it reminds me of my sister and her cats. I colored the girl image with her in mind. I colored her shirt violet because that is my sister's favorite color. She has a pink Sony laptop, explaining the color of the laptop. She has a lot of new kittens. One of my favorites is a black kitten which I called Toothless, from the How To Train Your Dragon movie. To keep the color medium all tied up, I am using Tim Holtz Distress markers, using a water brush to pick up the color from a palette. 

If you visit my blog, I previously created an ATC card and colored the background with chalk inks. I did the same technique here. I die cut this image using Lawn Fawn Stitched Square die. I do have to blend more ink on the edges. I used Salty Ocean Tim Holtz Distress ink this time since this area is far from the colored images.  I adhered fun foam to the back, then adhered a black cardstock to matte this printed image. For the sentiment, I stamped a word bubble sentiment from Lawn Fawn Into the Woods stamp set with Versafine Onyx black ink. I heat set this before die cutting it with the coordinating die. I adhered this to the top left side of the colored panel. To make the sentiment pop, I traced the letters with a white Uniball Signo pen. I adhered this to the stenciled panel. I then, adhered this panel to a top folding white note card.

I added some details on some areas with different pens I have on hand. I used Sakura Souffle pens on the flower on the laptop. I applied clear Spectrum Noir Shimmer pen on the mug. I colored the spoon with a silver metallic pen. I colored the girl's eyes with white Uniball Signo pen and black Sakura Glaze pen. I used this black pen on the cat's eyes as well. 


So far, my sister loved this colored image. I hope you find some inspiration in today's card. Don't forget to join us in today's challenge at Incy Wincy. We will be glad to see what projects you come up with this phone case as inspiration.

Have a blessed, brilliant & creative day!

Maria Giselle B.


I am sharing this creation at 






No comments:

Post a Comment