Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Watercolored Stamped Sentiment & Shaker Wine Glass Slider Card


I am using the Paper Smooches Sassy Script to customize a sentiment. I stamped the letters on black cardstock using Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen. I tried painting over this to give it a look like I hand-painted it but I wasn't successful in achieving that look. I didn't give up with this idea. This time, after I stamped the letters, I outlined the letters using a gold metallic marker.  I could have stopped here since the look of it is not that bad at all, but I want to pursue the design I have in mind for this card. I colored the letters using Finetec Artist Gold Color set. I created splatters using the same color set but a different gold color.


For the slider elements, I stamped two wine glasses from Paper Smooches Merry Motifs stamp set using Versamrk ink.  I heat embossed this with gold Zing! embossing powder. Using a craft knife, I carefully cut off the inside of the wine glass. I die cut the wine glasses using the matching die. I also die cut 2 extra ones which will be the back of the shaker wine glass. To make the insides of the wine glass have a finished look, I ran a Versamark pen on the inner sides of the window, and heat embossed this with the same gold powder. I adhered a clear acetate to the back of the wine glasses. I cut small and short strips of foam tape and adhered it around the window to create a well. I poured Martha Stewart seed beed to the well, then adhered the plain wine glass die cut.

My sentiment wasn't centered so I trimmed the sides using Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle die. This panel is smaller than the actual die so I had to run the cardstock with the die again to get the stitched impressions on that edge as well.

Most of the time, pennies are used as backing for the sliders. My Favorite Things sells slider elements, if you are interested. I don't have this so I created my own by cutting a piece of thick fun foam large enough that it will not slide off the slider window. Since this is very thick, I had to apply 4 layers of foam adhesive just to make the slider element mechanism work. This is a lot, I know. That's why this card is something I would want to hand deliver vs. mailing.

To cover the area of the slider window, I used the extra black splattered cardstock. I adhered this to a Pearl White cardstock which I embossed with We R Memory Keepers Next Level 3D Gemstone embossing folder. I trimmed a small piece from the edge before I adhered this to a Hero Arts black note card.


Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a blessed & brilliant day!

Maria Giselle 

I am sharing this creation with




4 comments:

  1. I love your card Maria! Absolutely love the background, it shouts celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHHHHHH! I love how you used the Sassy Scripts to make this new year's card! FUN design! THANKS for playing along with us for the January "cozy" challenge:) <3

    ReplyDelete