Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Dimensional Heart Shaped Shaker Card


I die cut 6 pieces of outline hearts using the the Cricut Explore. One thing I found out is when cutting a 110-lb cardstock using the Cricut Explore, the poster board setting should be chosen. Using the regular mat and regular blade, the machine cuts the material twice using this setting. Choosing heavy cardstock setting doesn't cut the cardstock through. You can always feed the mat again if the cut didn't go through, as long as you didn't exit the cutting process.

Working on the base card, I am using Bazzill Taffy cardstock. I masked the center area with a cut-out heart Post-It note. I randomly stamped the large snowflake from Paper Smooches Merry Motifs stamp set using Versamark ink. I embossed the snowflakes using Wow! White Pearl embossing powder. I filled the spaces with the small snowflake stamp, doing the same process as I did with the big snowflake.

Using the negative die cut of the heart as a stencil, I brushed the heart area with Hero Arts Silver dye ink using a stencil brush. This step can actually be skipped since I end up covering this area. Although, I am not sure if it added some depth to the back of the vellum of the shaker card.


Now, working on the main element of the card, I cut a heart from platinum Graffix vellum. I stamped the sentiment from Paper Smooches Warm Hearts stamp set using Versafine Onyx Black ink. I heat embossed this using clear powder just making sure that the heat gun is warm enough before embossing to prevent the vellum from warping. This will be the back of the shaker card.

I stamped the same sentiment onto a clear acetate using Versamark ink. I heat embossed this using Wow! Metallic Gold Rich powder. I rub the Versamark ink on one of the outline hearts. I embossed this heart using Wow! Platinum Sparkle powder. I adhered the acetate to the back of this platinum embossed heart and cut out the excess. I used the vellum stamped heart as a guide to create a shadow effect for the gold sentiment.

I stacked the die cut hearts to create a well. I poured different sequins and closed the shaker card by adhering the acetate heart on top of the stack. I adhered this on top of the brushed heart at the center of the card.

I  rounded of the edges of the card as the last step.


Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a blessed & brilliant day!

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation with






3 comments:

  1. This came out great!!! your shaker card is so fun I love the snowflake sequins and your design
    Thank you for entering the DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY challenge #196-“WINTER or Thank you” for this challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART
    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty and shimmery shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card- it's perfect for the holidays and even for Valentine's day! LOVE that it's a shaker;) THANKS for playing along with us for the January "cozy" challenge:) <3

    ReplyDelete