Saturday, April 30, 2016

Mason Jar Bouquet

I've been in hibernation for a while. The primary reason is that our gas company decided to relocate our gas meter to the outside of our house. Guess where the location of the gas meter that they have to pull out? Yeah, in my designated craft room, by the shelves which has my crafting tools and supplies. Although, they said it will be okay to leave most of the things on the shelves, to save my supplies and myself from the possibility of any damage, I took everything out of the shelf. Now, looking at the bare shelf, I thought of renovating the whole area. After browsing for possible storage solutions, I just decided to tidy up the things I removed. In that sense, I think it will look like it has been renovated having it organized. But I am not halfway through the cleaning. When I took off the things from the shelf, I boxed it by which shelf I pulled it out from. The difficulty now in trying to create something is I can find the things I need but I have to go through boxes or stacks to get to it. Plus, I really have to be good in putting it back or else, that's when I will start to lose something.

Enough of my troubles. I have to get my creative juices flowing. I chose to jumpstart it with Simon Says Stamp Best Mom Clear Stamp Set. I stamped the flowers multiple times on a watercolor cardstock using Ranger Archival ink. I watercolored these flowers using Zig Clean Color Brush Marker and Akashiya Sai Watercolor markers. I fuzzy cut the flowers once it has dried. I ran a black marker around the edges for a finish cut. And for the final touch for the flowers, who wouldn't want a touch of clear Wink of Stella on the roses?

I just got a Cricut Explore Air. This is one of the initial cuts I made and so far, I am impressed with the cuts. There are still imperfections in my opinion but it is far better than my Cricut Imagine. Using the Cricut Design Space, I searched for a mason jar image. I cut the mason jar almost @ 3'. I cut this on a Kraft cardstock. I applied Glossy Accents to the bottom half of the mason jar and poured Tim Holtz Distress Glitter in Antique Linen on it. While waiting for this to set and dry, I stamped the word 'mom' on the oval cut-out. I masked a sentiment stamp from Altenew Wild Hibiscus stamp set. I embossed this using white powder. I inked the edges of this oval cut-out using Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage Photo.

Here's where the difficulty starts, is how to arrange the flowers. I would love to put a dozen roses. Who doesn't want to received a dozen roses, right? I temporarily adhered the jar to a Doodlebug pink doily. I added a small dot of Ranger Multi Medium Matte to the tip of the stems. When I was happy with the arrangement, I removed the mason jar and squirted some Ranger MMM to areas that need adhering. I applied an acrylic block on top of this to serve as a weight while the glue is drying off.

While the flowers are drying, I applied foam adhesive to the back of the mason jar. I adhered this on top of the rose stems. I also adhered the rest of the die cut elements to the oval space. I also tied a white twine around the top of the mason jar. To pop up some of the roses, I applied a clear dimensional tape on the back of some of the roses. To keep the interest focused on the roses, I embossed the front of a white notecard using Li'l Inker Design Quilted Stitched pattern die. I adhered the doily using a double adhesive tape. To finish off the card, I stamped a sentiment on the base of the mason jar. The sentiment is from Hero Arts All Occasion Messages stamp set.

Thanks for viewing my blog. Have a brilliant day!

Maria Giselle

I am submitting this creation to:


  1. Beautiful card! Sorry to hear that your craft space was so disrupted but sometimes change is good. It helps us re-assess our work space.

  2. Gorgeous, beautiful card
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

  3. So so pretty! Love the gorgeous flowers in the pretty vase! Thanks so much for joining us for the FCCB challenge this week! Hugs, DT Karla