Saturday, November 19, 2022

Monochromatic Stitched Foiled Card

Hello! Welcome back to my blog. Today is my first post as I continue my journey in AECP Level 2. I cannot wait to learn more to better my craft. I am so thankful to Erum, our AECP coach, for the continued support. 

Foiling is on trend right now. There are several crafting tools to do foiling but for today's card, I foiled without the use of heat. Although, there is still some heat used on this card but not directly to transfer the foil. You'll find out what I mean later on.

I trimmed a peach cardstock at 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". I prepped the cardstock with anti-static powder. I stamped the butterfly images on this panel repeatedly using a sticky ink. I used the Misti Stamping Tool in stamping the butterflies so I can re-stamp the images just in case the impression was not good. I poured Ranger Sticky embossing powder on the sticky ink, then heat set it being careful not to over melt the sticky powder. The butterfly stamps are from the Altenew Hibiscus Stamp set. 

I covered the melted powder with Wow! Snow White Fab Foil. I burnished the foil to the sticky image using a bone folder. I am not always successful with this foiling technique. Most of the time, I have areas where the foil did not adhere. I sometimes leave it as is but if you are still aiming for a perfect foiled image using this technique, reposition the foil back on the sticky image. Briefly heat the back of the panel to activate the glue and burnish the foil to the image. This is when you start using heat for foiling. Sometimes this trick works. Sometimes it does not. Still the effect is gorgeous!

I added stitching holes to the panel using one of the Altenew String Art Rectangles Dies. I created a window using a rectangle die smaller than the String Rectangle die I used. You can also use a craft knife to create the window. 

I added a blanket stitch on the inner frame outlining it. I blended a peach ink on the left-over rectangle panel. I buffed the ink off the foiled images.

For the sentiment, I am using a die from the Altenew Hello and Hugs Die Set. I die cut the word hugs on peach cardstock three times. On one of the sentiment die cuts, I pounced the sticky ink on the bottom half of the word. I poured sticky ink to this, then heat set it. I covered the area with the same white foil then burnish it. 

For the top half of the sentiment, I pounced the sticky ink on it again. This time, I poured Altenew Golden Peach Crisp embossing powder. I heat set this.

I adhered the other two sentiment die cuts to the back of the embossed/foiled sentiment for added dimension. 

I adhered the inner panel to a peach cardstock cut at 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". I used the frame to guide me in its placement. 

I added foam adhesive to the back of the stitched frame. I adhered this to the peach cardstock panel making sure that the frame is aligned with the rectangle die cut panel. 

I adhered the stacked sentiment die cut. 

I added sequins to the panel and some dimensional glue to cover the center holes of the sequins.


Thank you for viewing my blog. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

I added below links to the products I used on this card. There will be no additional cost to you should you decide to purchase this/these product/s. It is just a way to help a crafter out sustain her love for crafting. Thank you for your support!

Maria Giselle B.



 

1 comment:

  1. This is brilliant, Maria! LOVE LOVE LOVE! You have put in quite a bit of effort into making this. Well done

    ReplyDelete