Thursday, June 23, 2022

Paper Strips Background Panel Greeting Card

Hello! Welcome back to my blog. For today's card, I am inspired by several blog challenges that I combined the ideas in this card. 

  1. Scrapbook & Cards Summer Issue Colour Challenge
  2. Pinkfresh Studio June Challenge
  3. My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge. 
The above challenges are linked below just in case you are interested to join.

Back to card, I looked through my cardstock stash and pulled out cardstock colors close to the bold rainbow colors of the Scrapbook & Cards Colour Challenge. I trimmed these at 1/4", about 3-4 pieces per color. I trimmed a lightweight white cardstock at 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". Using the lines of my grid mat, I located the center of the short side of this white cardstock panel. I started adhering the cardstock strips from the middle, starting with yellow, then green, then blue, so on and so forth. I continued this process until I filled up the whole white cardstock panel. I set this aside to dry with something heavy placed on top of it. I trimmed off any excess hanging over the white cardstock panel.

I prepped this panel with anti-static powder tool. I stamped the Hero Arts Novel Prose Bold Prints using Wow! Clear Ultra Slow Drying Embossing ink. I poured clear embossing powder to this, and heat set it.

I die cut eight pieces of the Pinkfresh Studio Lacy Floral die on white cardstock. I adhered one die cut on top of the other for a dimensional look. I adhered this to the rainbow panel. After this has dried, I trimmed off the excess hanging over the side edges.

I die cut the frame using My Favorite Things Snow Drifts Cover Up Die-namics on white cardstock and on Graffix Platinum sheet. I snipped off the wavy lines on the center created by the die. I adhered the white frame to the back of the platinum sheet. You can easily re-created this frame using a nesting rectangle die. Depending on how skinny you want your frame, choose the two rectangles from the die set.

For the sentiment, I am using a stamp from PS My Favorite Things To Say stamp set. I prepped a vellum with anti-static powder tool. I stamped the sentiment using red dye ink. I poured red embossing powder to this, then heat set it. I trimmed this to a strip. I doubled the vellum to make the sentiment stand out since the vellum will be less opaque. I did this by trimming another vellum strip, the same size as the sentiment strip. I ran this strip through the Xyron Sticker Maker machine, then adhered it to the back of the sentiment vellum strip. I adhered this to the frame, taking note of its placement over the flowered panel. I snipped off the edges on the side. 

Since the frame is somewhat flimsy, I positioned it back to the metal die. It fits back perfectly! I applied liquid glue to this, then using the metal die as a guide, I positioned the metal die over the flowered panel, then lift the metal die off leaving the frame perfectly placed on the flowered panel. I set this aside to dry with something heavy on top of it.

I added colored clear sequins from Doodlebug and Sparkling Clear Confetti Mix from Pretty Pink Posh to the open areas on the panel. I added Nuvo White Blizzard Glitter Drops over the hole of the sequins. I set this aside to dry. 


Thank you for viewing my blog. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day. 

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation at


No comments:

Post a Comment