Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Wizard Inspired Greeting Card

 


Hello! This is my first post as a Trinity Stamps Design Ambassador. I am very excited and also grateful for this opportunity. I hope you support me and my fellow ambassadors.

I created this card for my third son's upcoming birthday later this month. No, he is not a Harry Potter fan but he loves to read and he read the Harry Potter series. I actually bought this stamp set, the Trinity Stamps Magical Wizards stamp set, for my sister. She is the Harry Potter fan. I am also using the Trinity Stamps Magical Wizards Coordinating die set.

I stamped the images on Neenah cardstock. I colored the images using Prismacolor color pencils. Usually, I stamp, color and die cut the images using the matching die. Sometimes, I end up having offset die cuts. Yeah, this made my face cringe especially after all the coloring. Luckily, the images on this stamp set are small so I can start all over again. This time, I changed my process. I die cut without stamping the image. Leaving the negative cut on my stamp positioner, I pieced in the stamp on the open area. I picked the stamp with my stamp positioner. I added a piece of tape to the back of the negative cut. I pieced in the blank die cut. I then stamped the image. 

The main focus of the scene is the boy. I trimmed off the top white border of the scarf so I can adhere it flushed to the boy's chin. I tried stamping the eyeglasses before die cutting it but I was unsuccessful in lining it up. I don't think reversing the steps will make it any better. I just went ahead and die cut the glasses on black cardstock. I added punched acetates to the back of the eyeglasses and secured it with another black eyeglass die cut. 
 

For the sentiment, I die cut the acronym for the birthday greeting using Trinity Stamps Marshmallow Alphabet die set. I don't have a blue mirror cardstock. Looking at my supplies, I created my own blue mirror cardstock by using an iron on vinyl instead. I ironed the vinyl to a piece of cardstock which I sandwiched inside a parchment paper. This is actually a great way to use up those scrap iron on materials.

To create the scene, I trimmed a striped blue patterned paper for the ground. I also trimmed a woodgrain patterned paper for the background. I positioned the elements of my scene but before I adhered it, I did some embossing for the wand accent. 

I added links to the Trinity Stamps products I used on this card which is no additional cost to you if you decide to make a purchase. I highlighted these products for your convenience. At the same time, you can browse the other amazing products of Trinity Stamps. 

Thank you for your support and thank you for visiting my blog. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation at

4 comments:

  1. First, let me say congratulations on being selected for the design team for Trinity Stamps...well deserved Maria! Second, your card is so stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Celeste but I am only an ambassador for Trinity, not a DT member. It is very exciting though. Thank you for your continued support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Thanks for joining Crafting Happiness Challenges.
    :) Janis, Owner & Design Teams

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute and sweet! Great to see you in the ATSM gallery. Hope you will join us again soon. Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete